Cannot delete app RRS feed

• Question

• When I try to delete an app, I get the following error "Current state of the object is no longer valid". Delete fails and the app is not deleted.
    • Moved by Jamles Hez Monday, September 14, 2015 6:47 AM dashboard related
    Thursday, September 10, 2015 8:12 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hello AbhinavS,

Please read the sticky posts, especially the Guide to posting: subject line tags and Known Issues for Windows 10 SDK and Tools .

We have no idea what kind of project you are using for developing Universal App? Is it windows 8.1 or Win10 UWP app? is it HTML or XAML app?

The Error you are getting is very Generic and could be related to any number of issues. I am not sure what you mean by delete an App. Are you talking about when you uninstall an app? Can you please provide exact reproduction steps? There is not enough information to help you. If you are using this programmatically please provide relevant code to reproduce the issue on our side.

You could post your question at answers.microsoft.com for better response on system errors.

With Regards,

Krunal Parekh

Thanks MSDN Community Support Please remember to Mark as Answer the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Friday, September 11, 2015 2:41 AM
  • Its a phone app that i created accidentally and would like to remove now.

However, i get the error I mentioned earlier.

Friday, September 11, 2015 8:23 AM
  • Please refer to the following blog post for information about how to delete your unpublished App from the Store or temporarily change its visibility and accessibility if that's what you are trying to do:

Managing hidden apps, beta apps and visibility of in-app purchases in Dev Center: http://blogs.windows.com/buildingapps/2015/09/10/managing-hidden-apps-beta-apps-and-visibility-of-in-app-purchases-in-dev-center/

Note that you can’t completely delete an app from your dashboard once it’s been published. If you want to “unpublish” an app and prevent any new customers from acquiring it, create a new submission and select “Hide this app and stop selling” in the Distribution and visibility section as described in the blog post above.

This link describes how to update, hide or unpublish an app from the Windows Phone Dev Center: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/27877361/removing-an-app-from-the-app-store

Hope that helps.

Please remember to close your threads by marking helpful posts as answer and then start a new thread if you have a new question. Please don't ask several questions in the same thread.

Friday, September 11, 2015 1:00 PM
  • I dont have a submission. Its not available on the store.

I dont get the 'update' or 'hide app from store' options.

Let me explain again.

I started creating a new app. C

1) I created the 'app identity;

2) I then realised I did not want to use that identity

3) I tried to delete this app.

4) I get the message 'Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object'

Now this app lies in my dashborad with an in progress status and there is nothing I can do to remove it!

• Edited by AbhinavS Saturday, September 12, 2015 5:12 AM
    Saturday, September 12, 2015 5:11 AM
  • I have the exact same problem, I reserved an app name, but when I tried to delete the app, the same message pops up.

Tao Wang

Monday, September 14, 2015 12:58 PM
  • NO answer from the support teams yet!
    Friday, September 18, 2015 3:00 AM
  • I'm also having this issue. Tried to "clean up" my devcenter dashboard, but i'm not able to remove any un-used app names. Same error message when clicking "delete app".
    Sunday, September 20, 2015 2:50 PM
  • Hello All,

If you still need assistance deleting your app please create a support request by using this link: Dev Center support

-Eric

Windows and Windows Phone Dev Center Support

Send us your feedback about the Windows Platform

Thursday, September 24, 2015 2:26 PM