Still having 'PRODUCT KEY' issues

Question

• Have windows 7 ultimate installed, burned the x86 iso to a dvd. Inserted the dvd and it keeps asking for a product key... i have tried all the ones going round, and several from the product.ini file on the dvd.

Tried to boot from DVD, same deal can get anywhere without putting in the key. there is no skip button.

Its the lattest d/l as the SHA-1 matches 4E0698BBABE01ED27582C9FC16AD21C4422913CC

Friday, September 16, 2011 10:08 AM

All replies

• Hello Simion Disco,

There is only one product key for the client version of Windows Developer Preview

GRH4V HNTWC JQKG8 RFR3R 36498  

Greg - Microsoft Support Engineer
    Friday, September 16, 2011 1:33 PM
  • Hello Simion Disco,

There is only one product key for the client version of Windows Developer Preview

Not working on with x64 DVD using a good ISO file (SHA1 checked successfully).

I'm wondering if there is another error in the key that microsoft is providing, look at your key :

And now look at the key other microsoft members were giving us on this forum :

6RH4V-HNTWC-JQKG8-RFR3R-36498

Only the 1st char G has beeen replaced by 6...

There is definitly something wrong with this product key I think...

Figure it out guys, people are still hanging on this problem ;-)

Friday, September 16, 2011 1:48 PM
  • You are correct, that should have been a 6, my brain got ahead of my fingers.  Simon, can you give me the exact version you are trying to install?  Client/server?  Verify that you have the x86 version.  The above product key (6RH4V-HNTWC-JQKG8-RFR3R-36498)  is across the board for all client versions of Windows Developer Preview. 
    Friday, September 16, 2011 2:02 PM
  • Hi,

Just wanted to follow up here. In most installs there isn't a prompt for a Product Key at all, really thats the first part to troubleshoot.  Some have resolved this by redownloading and reburning.   As well for those installing from a bootable thumbdrive there are some specific steps that need to be takent.  For those in this situation  I would recommend you take a look at the steps listed here . There are some very specific things you need to do when setting this up.

Jiggy - have you happened to try the 32 bit ISO?   I'm wondering of you are prompted for a key with that one?

Hope this helps,

BillFill

Tuesday, September 20, 2011 12:23 AM
    Owner