none
Microsoft Word Plugin to Create Forms in Microsoft Word RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All, I am wondering if anyone can advise a Word plugin that will allow you to use word as a Form. Eg. Certain data points in the document can have a drop down list, text box, radio buttons and so on. The plugin will save and read form data from sql server.

Preferable the plugin will allow you to map the data controls to data base columns. This means that your own databases can be used as the data store for the word data.

I could create such a plugin in but would prefer to purchase an existing one.

Thanks in Advanced.

P.S - I did do a quick google search for this but I could not find anything of use. Maybe I was using the wrong terminology.

Wednesday, November 12, 2014 1:11 AM

Answers

• You are most unlikely to be able to "avoid the need to do any coding", regardless of what you use. After all, you will still have to provide the instructions on what to populate, where, with what, how & why (i.e. you have to provide the logic, including for any conditional content/output), where to get it from or send it to, etc. No plugin can do all that for you.

Cheers
    Paul Edstein
    [MS MVP - Word]

Wednesday, November 12, 2014 5:49 AM

All replies

• You don't need a plugin for this. Word already comes with all the controls you need. Look under Controls on the Developer Tab. Of course, it's up to you to provide all the code to make them work the way you want them to, including for the database connections.

Cheers
    Paul Edstein
    [MS MVP - Word]

Wednesday, November 12, 2014 4:04 AM
  • I am trying to avoid the need to do any coding I was hoping to purchase a product rather than to do coding

Wednesday, November 12, 2014 5:37 AM
  • You are most unlikely to be able to "avoid the need to do any coding", regardless of what you use. After all, you will still have to provide the instructions on what to populate, where, with what, how & why (i.e. you have to provide the logic, including for any conditional content/output), where to get it from or send it to, etc. No plugin can do all that for you.

Cheers
    Paul Edstein
    [MS MVP - Word]

Wednesday, November 12, 2014 5:49 AM