Coded UI : Test file setting is not reflecting coded ui test RRS feed

• Question

• Hi ,

I have added test file setting in my solution with Video capturing and modified test time out , but its not capturing coded ui execution video also still its taking default time out, Please help me .

Thursday, December 21, 2017 9:31 AM

All replies

• Hi ShibiMeppayour,

Welcome to MSDN forum.

What is the Visual Studio version did you use?

Please do the following, save and rerun the test, check the result.

1. Enable and choose the Screen and Voice Recorder under Data and Diagnostics page, click Configure. Enable Enable voice recording and Save recording if test case passes in Screen and Voice Recorder Detail dialog box.

2. Select the test settings file to use after you add the “.testsettings” file to your solution (On the Test menu, choose Test Settings, Select Test Settings File).

Set active test settings file Unit and Coded UI

Did you modify test time out under Test Timeouts pagein test settings dialog box? Which settings did you choose?

If you select “Abort a test run if the total time exceeds”and type 30 minutes for this limit, your test will be forced to abort when it’s executed more than 30 minutes. If you select Mark an individual test as failed if its execution time exceeds” and type 30 minutes for this limit, it will to fail your individual test when it’s executed more than 30 minutes.

Regards,

Judyzh

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Edited by Judy ZhuY Friday, December 22, 2017 6:45 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Judy ZhuY Monday, December 25, 2017 9:32 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by Judy ZhuY Monday, February 26, 2018 9:21 AM
    Friday, December 22, 2017 6:44 AM
  • HI  Judy,

Thank you for the replay,

But still its not working in all machines , Some machine we its working some machine its not working .

do we need to enable anything ? Please help me 

Regards,

Shibin KM 

Thursday, February 22, 2018 10:39 AM
  • Hi ShibiMeppayour,

>> But still its not working in all machines, Some machine we its working some machine its not working .

Did you get any error message in the failed machines? If you get the error message, please share it to me.

What is the version of Visual Studio on the failed machines, and, what’s the operation systems of that machines?

Based on this document description, “Visual Studio 2013 creates the screen recordings in Windows Media Video (WMV) format. For compatibility with recordings created using Visual Studio 2010, you must install the Expression Encoder 4.0 diagnostic data adapter software.” Please have a try with following methods:

1.Please try to install Windows Media Video, if it already exists on your computer, please uninstall it and reinstall it.

2.Please try to install the Microsoft Expression Encoder 4.

In addition, as far as I know, the screen and voice recordings do not support multiple monitor configurations. And, it also not supports 64-bit configurations.

Thanks for your understanding.

Regards,

Judyzh

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Judy ZhuY Monday, February 26, 2018 9:21 AM
    Friday, February 23, 2018 2:40 AM