none
how to deploy window and web application in single setup using vs 2005 RRS feed

• Question

• i am using visual studio 2005.. i want to deploy window and web application project in single setup

can any one help me????????
    Tuesday, November 25, 2008 7:57 AM

Answers

• I am not sure you can do that because I help with Winform deployment and Asp.net deployment, Winform deployment require custom package to add the database as part of the deployment package while Asp.net require separate deployment of the database with the database deployment wizard and then the rest of the application.  Asp.net uses Web.Config while Winform uses App.Config files.  The two can be used together but deployment options are separate.

Asp.net MVP, MCPD Web C#, MCTS TFS, MCITP BI and DBA
    • Marked as answer by Figo Fei Friday, November 28, 2008 3:42 AM
    Wednesday, November 26, 2008 1:28 AM

All replies

• I am not sure you can do that because I help with Winform deployment and Asp.net deployment, Winform deployment require custom package to add the database as part of the deployment package while Asp.net require separate deployment of the database with the database deployment wizard and then the rest of the application.  Asp.net uses Web.Config while Winform uses App.Config files.  The two can be used together but deployment options are separate.

Asp.net MVP, MCPD Web C#, MCTS TFS, MCITP BI and DBA
    • Marked as answer by Figo Fei Friday, November 28, 2008 3:42 AM
    Wednesday, November 26, 2008 1:28 AM
  • Hi

I am sure you can do togather...only thing you need to create hard coded folder for web application and after setup you need to configure the web.config file to server ip address.

You have to call the web page from windows application make sure the windows and web application share the different authentication menthods and same database for information.

It is possible to include the web pages into windows application setup.

aryan
    Sunday, November 30, 2008 11:36 AM
  • thank you aryan.........

can u tel me the steps  one by one
    Monday, December 1, 2008 5:43 AM