Pick Date/Time RRS feed

• General discussion

• I would like to do similar to the alarms app for picking time on Windows 8.1 or Windows Phone 8.

One of them you drag some points around in a circle for minutes & hours, the other you have numbers to drag up & down to select the numbers, and AM PM, and it loops as you pass the 1 back to 12, and the same from 12 to 1, and the same around minutes.

Is there an easy way to mimic either of those in functionality using VB+xaml app for the Windows 8 store?

Saturday, August 10, 2013 5:41 AM

All replies

• There is no in-box DateTime picker for Windows Store apps on Windows 8. Windows 8.1 Preview adds one.

There are several 3rd party DateTime picker controls you can search for.

--Rob

Sunday, August 11, 2013 1:22 AM
  • I am glad to hear Windows 8.1 Preview adds one, which means more than likely it would stay between now & Windows 8.1 General Release.

I am going to download Visual Studio 2013 on my Windows 8.1 Preview machine & start development from there then I think, because the lack of proper controls means a lot of work for me.

I know there are 3rd party ones, but they don't just give me the code or walkthrough how to do it, they have paid options, or downloadable custom controls, where all I want is to program it, I don't need it pre-made.

Sunday, August 11, 2013 3:20 PM