Orchestration - reference to map is not working RRS feed

• Question

• I create a separated Project for Transformations, I have referenced this project under the main project where mu orchestration is stored. Why am I not seeing the map or the reference when I am trying to add configure the transform shape <g class="gr_ gr_7 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim Punctuation only-ins replaceWithoutSep" data-gr-id="7" id="7">please</g>. Also, it’s all the same for Input Messages, Map Name, or Output Messages properties:  The reference is just not there:

Friday, July 20, 2018 9:58 AM

All replies

• Have you added input/output message variables of the correct message type in your orchestration?

/Peter

Friday, July 20, 2018 10:28 AM
  • You do need to rebuild the Solution first.  Restarting Visual Studio may help as well.

Now, having separate Assemblies for Pipelines, Schemas and Maps is overkill.  Yes, it was at one time a 'best practice' but unless you expect to have dozens of each, it's just over-architecting.

So, my actual recommendation is to use just one Project/Assembly for the ProcessOrder app this eliminating this issue altogether.

Friday, July 20, 2018 11:55 AM
  • Save All--> Refresh --> sign and Build or Restart VS etc standard process when adding any references to other project. 

Also, make sure the messages are assigned with appropriate schemas.

In the construct share, mark the message which is you are trying to construct.

Friday, July 20, 2018 4:22 PM
  • 1. Remove the Map reference in the orchestration.

2. Compile the Map Project

3. Add the Map Project reference again.

4. See whether it appears.

Note: Make sure that if you GAC the map or any dll that during development make sure to just delete it first.

Randy Aldrich Paulo

MCTS(BizTalk 2010/2006,WCF NET4.0), MCPD | My Blog

BizTalk Message Archiving - SQL and File
    Automating/Silent Installation of BizTalk Deployment Framework using Powershell >
    Sending IDOCs using SSIS

Thursday, August 16, 2018 12:28 PM