locked
package.appxmanifest content URI issue

    Question

  • Added a couple of valid URI schemes to the manifest and checked in our source code repo (for iFrame rendering)

    After checkout on new workspace, and trying to run on simulator.  Immediately says 'The file was changed outside the environment'.   

    1) Did not touch it since check out

    2) The project wants to remove the URI schemes, if i say "Yes" to reload.

    Anyone else ran into this issue?

    thanks


    • Edited by walid taraf Wednesday, August 13, 2014 2:46 AM
    Wednesday, August 13, 2014 2:45 AM

All replies

  • It's difficult to troubleshoot this kind of issue without seeing the environment.

    Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

    NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

    Thursday, August 14, 2014 12:14 AM
    Moderator
  • Hey Matt, you are right.  So what happens is that we have hybrid app, phonegap/JQM and JQ with some native plugins for IOS.   We ported all that for WIn8, building another cordova/[phonegap project for Win8 of course.

    Well, when you build a solution thru VS, cordova wants a piece of that and as a bridge, it also builds its own stuff, inc ase we had made changes to the plugins we downloaded.

    So it turns out that this powershell PS1 file - ApplyPlatformConfig.ps1...was the culprit.

    We simply commented these lines out so that Cordova stops changing back to its original state....i think that file is used for cloud phonegap build.  Which we do not use.  We use VS build.


    # Write modified manifest file
    #$xmlWriter = New-Object System.Xml.XmlTextWriter($manifestFile, $null)
    #$xmlWriter.Formatting = "Indented"
    #$xmlWriter.Indentation = 4
    #$manifest.WriteContentTo($xmlWriter)
    #$xmlWriter.Close()

    Hope that makes sense and hopes someone in the future.

    Saturday, August 16, 2014 12:27 AM