Creating buttons that move images RRS feed

• Question

• I am an amatuer web designer that is fairly new to the blend software.  One thing that I would like to do is make user interactivity with buttons.  An example of what I'm wanting to do is in the quick start guide for blend, but they don't explain this step for creating it.  In the guide, they have set up two buttons:  a left button, and a right button.  These buttons are liked to images that move a certain distance left or right depending on which button you click.  This seems like a rather simple and common control, but I have yet to see a forum, nor a training video on exactly how to accomplish this.  If anyone can help me out, I would appreciate it.

Thanks in advance,

Wednesday, April 22, 2009 10:16 PM

All replies

• Here is one way of doing it:

a) Use Expression Blend 3
    b) Create new Silverlight 3 project
    c) Drop a couple buttons and drag and drop a couple images from the desktop
    d) Create two animations for the images
    e) Open the asset library, switch to the Behaviors tab, and search for "ControlStoryboardAction" - drop two of those onto the two buttons you just created
    f) Select what you just dropped and hook up the properties such that the animation are run when the button is clicked in the Blend property grid.

Thanks,
    Unni
    Thursday, April 23, 2009 1:16 AM
  • I appriciate your response... The only problem is that I have Blend 2 and it doesn't have the Behaviors Tab options unfortunately.

I appriciate it though!
    Thursday, April 23, 2009 2:44 AM
  • Oops, sorry, I should have been clearer. I was referring to the Blend 3 Preview that you can download for free (the only consideration would be that you would be creating Silverlight 3 applications).

Also, you could trigger an animation with one line of code in Blend 2 / Silverlight 2. http://www.kirupa.com/blend_silverlight/index.htm
    Thursday, April 23, 2009 6:13 AM