Blend WPF Samples RRS feed

• Question

• I have VS 2013 which comes with the Blend by default, where are the sample project that blend normally have to see examples. How do look at the examples on the computer. I can't find the examples when I launch blend.
    Friday, June 5, 2015 8:14 AM

All replies

• Google the phrase "blend sample projects" and I think that you will find more resources than you have time to review and work through...  ;-)

cheers,
    scott

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is common courtesy to recognize those who have helped you, and it also makes it easier for visitors to find the resolution later.

Friday, June 5, 2015 4:06 PM
  • I havent found any good websites. There use to be a expression blend showcase websites, where you could download the various samples. I guess they disable the site. Do they have any template start up wpf template websites. I cant find any
    Monday, June 8, 2015 7:22 AM
  • Actually, I believe that you are talking about the former "Expression Gallery," where there were the kind of samples/examples you're talking about, as well as add-ins, widgets, etc. created for/using Expression products from the full Expression Studio, not just Blend. When MS put the kibosh on the Expression family, they apparently decided that they could no longer afford to maintain the truly miniscule storage space on their servers represented by the Gallery, so they closed it. and, no, before you ask, none of the resources were mirrored elsewhere that anyone knows of.

That said, googling the search term given above returns a lot of resources, including a link to Chris Leeds's page for his book, "Expression Blend 4 Step by Step." Chris's books are consistently well-received, and he is very responsive, and the book contains samples with the added bonus of having written descriptions of their implementations in the book. You can get it for $5.00 or less from links on his site.

Other than that, looks like you'll just have to keep looking, or else do like Microsoft and give up on Blend/Silverlight except for those willing to learn through MSDN. Good luck with that...

cheers.
    scott

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is common courtesy to recognize those who have helped you, and it also makes it easier for visitors to find the resolution later.

Monday, June 8, 2015 8:55 PM