how to create custom application for ssrs reports RRS feed

• Question

• I have created one project in MSBI - SSRS. Under that I have 6-7 charts. I have deployed them successfully on my localhost machine using ReportServer and it is working absolutely through browser.

My challenge is I want to access these reports from some other corner of the world; so that machine may not present in the same domain / LAN / etc. How should do this? Client don't want to install tool, etc.. they just want to see the reports by hitting URL which should open in browser and should be able to see the reports.

Please help me out.

Monday, October 30, 2017 10:14 AM

All replies

• Hi Satyendra kumar Dasari,

According to your description, it seems that you want to access report on internet, right? If so, I think you need to do Internet Deployment for your reports, then use report viewer control to display report in application so that users from different domain can access the reports. You could refer to Planning for Extranet or Internet Deployment and Configuring a Report Server for Internet Access for details.

In addition, you also could try to display local report(.rdlc) with report viewer control in application to see whether it works or not. You could refer to Using the WebForms ReportViewer Control  for more information.

Best Regards,
    Zoe Zhi

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, October 31, 2017 1:35 AM
  • Thanks Zoe Zhi ....but i want to make a custom application
    Tuesday, October 31, 2017 5:17 AM
  • Hi Stayendra kumar DASARI,

You could use report viewer control to embed local report in application. You could refer to Using the WebForms ReportViewer Control  for more information.

If the users from different domain to access the reports, as I mentioned above, you need to do Internet Deployment for your reports, then use report viewer control in application.

Best Regards,
    Zoe Zhi

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, November 1, 2017 9:02 AM