none
SQL SERVER 2017 CTP 2.0 Installation cannot be finished

Question

• I am running this issue and it cannot be proceeded even if I have downloaded the installation file ...

btw, I am running this on windows server 2016

Sunday, April 23, 2017 9:40 AM

Answers

• Thanks for your reply,

The default path just does not work as well....

by checking on the old posts , I guess it might be the issue of missing the R server cab file

• Marked as answer by JohnnyKahWang Friday, April 28, 2017 11:27 AM
    Sunday, April 23, 2017 2:31 PM
  • Hi JohnnyKahWang,

Considering offline installation for Microsoft R components,some prerequisites for your environment need to be prepared in advance which could be found in this article.

You could check the setup log files located in system temp directory which an easy way to get into is typing %temp% as a RUN command or search operation in Windows.

In addition, there is an article which may be helpful to you.

Hope it can be helpful

Regards,

Davy

MSDN Community Support<br/> Please remember to click &quot;Mark as Answer&quot; the responses that resolved your issue, and to click &quot;Unmark as Answer&quot; if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact <a href="mailto:MSDNFSF@microsoft.com">MSDNFSF@microsoft.com</a>.

Monday, April 24, 2017 10:18 AM

All replies

• Please use the default installation path where system automatically pic the path.

Cancel it and install again. 

Don't the change the path.

Hope I have answer your question.

Afzalkhan

Sunday, April 23, 2017 9:47 AM
  • Thanks for your reply,

The default path just does not work as well....

by checking on the old posts , I guess it might be the issue of missing the R server cab file

Sunday, April 23, 2017 2:31 PM
  • Hi JohnnyKahWang,

Considering offline installation for Microsoft R components,some prerequisites for your environment need to be prepared in advance which could be found in this article.

You could check the setup log files located in system temp directory which an easy way to get into is typing %temp% as a RUN command or search operation in Windows.

In addition, there is an article which may be helpful to you.

Hope it can be helpful

Regards,

Davy

MSDN Community Support<br/> Please remember to click &quot;Mark as Answer&quot; the responses that resolved your issue, and to click &quot;Unmark as Answer&quot; if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact <a href="mailto:MSDNFSF@microsoft.com">MSDNFSF@microsoft.com</a>.

Monday, April 24, 2017 10:18 AM