none
Create a command button in Excel that automatically exports a row(s) from the spreadsheet into an Access database. RRS feed

• Question

• All,

When I search for this request, I get a lot of advice on how to import an Excel spreadsheet into Access, but not much on exporting an Excel spreadsheet (a range really) into Access.  I want to do this as a command button where:

User Imports rows into Excel from Access (already done).

User makes modifications to rows in Excel.

User clicks a button to send updated information from Excel back into Access.  

There will be no rows added here only updated.  I know that it might be better to do all of the work in Access, but I am limited for time to revamp the whole process as opposed to making this one change.

Regards,

SquirrelMan

Wednesday, October 16, 2019 2:32 PM

All replies

• Note:  This is for Excel in an Office 365 environment, so it is the latest and greatest version.
    Wednesday, October 16, 2019 2:33 PM
  • Hi,

Based on your description, I will move this thread to Excel for Developer forum:

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=exceldev

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Emi Zhang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Office 2019.

Thursday, October 17, 2019 2:43 AM