How to send data to BackEnd server RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi, I am new to WinRT and  need help for the following questions:

a1) What are the approaches or methods available for WinRT App to send data to SAP for stock-taking case ( Inventory management)?  Besides Web Service, is there any other way that can be used in WinRT App?

a2) What kind of webservice ( Soap-webservice, WCF, Restful)  is accepted by SAP?

b) Can these Database engines such as SqlCe and SQLite sync data back to Ms SQL Server?

This is what I need:

1. Using SqlCe or SQLite in WinRT App to do offline stock-taking.

2. Sync back all the records back to Ms SQL Server later after stocking completed.

Thanks

Wednesday, August 7, 2013 6:31 AM

All replies

• a1) This isn't a SAP forum, we can't answer things about SAP.  There are lots of ways to send data in WinRT - web service calls, various sockets, HttpClient - you have to choose one.

a2) See answer a1.

b) The database engines won't handle this themselves, you would need to write code that does this.

1)  This is possible.

2) This is possible.

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Wednesday, August 7, 2013 6:08 PM
  • Thanks.  Would appreciate if you could provide sample code or any reference for :

1. Using SqlCe in WinRT to do offline data entry and later sync back to Ms Sql Server.

2. Using SQLite in WinRT to do offline data entry and later sync back to Ms Sql Server

Thanks

Thursday, August 8, 2013 1:58 AM
  • 1) WinCE isn't supported in Windows Store apps.

2) SQLite works in Store apps.  I don't have code to do this.  You'll have to roll your own.

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Thursday, August 8, 2013 12:57 PM
  • Need to do offline tasks like data entry for taking order and sync back to Ms SQL Server. Pleasse advise what I need to do this kind of syncing data between Sqlite in WinRT App and Ms Sql Server.  Does this allow in WinRT app ? I need some help. Your help is greatly appreciated to provide me any reference or sample code.

Thanks

Monday, August 12, 2013 1:20 PM
  • SQLite

http://timheuer.com/blog/archive/2012/08/07/updated-how-to-using-sqlite-from-windows-store-apps.aspx

You'll need some kind of application (I use ASP.net IIS) to host a wcf service on a server or computer.

Thats the best way I can think of to cache your data between an offline client and your server.

Windows 8 Client (SQLite) == WCF service host (ASP.net) == SAP ??

First try to google how WCF service are used. They can be hosted off asp.net and wpf as well.

This should give you the knowledge on how to continue.

Like Matt said, this isnt a SAP forum and will be hard to answer specific questions about it.

Monday, August 12, 2013 2:02 PM