Business Intelligence Studio 2008 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there, I have a small problem, my Business Intelligence Studio 2008 crashes around twicde a week. I´m woking just two hours a day. Faulting application name: devenv.exe, version: 9.0.30729.1, time stamp: 0x488f2b50 Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 6.1.7601.17514, time stamp: 0x4ce7ba58 Exception code: 0xc0000374 Fault offset: 0x000ce653 Faulting process id: 0x1858 Faulting application start time: 0x01cc693c41688388 Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\Common7\IDE\devenv.exe Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dll What could be the problem and how can I solve it? Best wishes PS: I´m sorry, I´m using the IE 9 but this forum does´s accept my blank lines ;-(
    • Edited by Mining Monday, September 5, 2011 11:18 AM
    • Moved by Helen Zhou Tuesday, September 6, 2011 7:25 AM (From:Windows Forms Data Controls and Databinding)
    Monday, September 5, 2011 11:14 AM

Answers

• Is there a specific behavior we were able to figure out? meaning, is this happening while working on some SSIS or SSRS projects?

Can you provide more details of how and when it is crashing?

Also, suggest you to install the latest patches on SQL Server 2008. For more details about the latest available updates, see http://blogs.msdn.com/b/sqlreleaseservices/

Chaitanya( Twitter | Blogs )

Any documentation bug? Tell us about it at Connect. Please feel free to add any community comments in any of the MSDN/technet articles.
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Tuesday, September 6, 2011 9:55 AM

All replies

• Hello Mining,

This is forum for Windows Forms forum, the question you proposed is more related to SQL Server, I'm moving it to SQL Server Forums to get better support.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best wishes,

Helen Zhou [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Tuesday, September 6, 2011 7:24 AM
  • Is there a specific behavior we were able to figure out? meaning, is this happening while working on some SSIS or SSRS projects?

Can you provide more details of how and when it is crashing?

Also, suggest you to install the latest patches on SQL Server 2008. For more details about the latest available updates, see http://blogs.msdn.com/b/sqlreleaseservices/

Chaitanya( Twitter | Blogs )

Any documentation bug? Tell us about it at Connect. Please feel free to add any community comments in any of the MSDN/technet articles.
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Tuesday, September 6, 2011 9:55 AM
  • Hi Chaitanya, the crash happens while working on an etl-package. Sometimes I move a sequence container and the application crashes. Or I copy a task from one package to the other and the Business Intelligence Studio stopps working. Last time I just executed a package and the BI-Studio crashed. That happens around twice a week. Best wishes
    Tuesday, September 6, 2011 11:27 AM
  • Still an issue?

Thanks!

Ed Price (a.k.a User Ed), SQL Server Customer Program Manager (Blog, Small Basic, Wiki Ninjas, Wiki)

Answer an interesting question? Create a wiki article about it!

Wednesday, February 20, 2013 7:27 AM