none
Code 43 error RRS feed

• Question

• My Windows 7 updates have apparently blocked my access to the webcam which is internally installed on my HP Pavilion laptop.  I used Skype for video calls until the 14 Sept Windows update.  I now get a message that an unknown device (in my device manager) is no longer operational because it wasn't functioning properly.  I don't know if that has anything to do with my webcam, but my webcam is no longer listed.  Can anyone help?
    Monday, October 18, 2010 5:56 PM

All replies

• First, I would check if the unknown device is your camera, right click -> properties -> Details -> choose "Hardware Ids" and look for the value. try googling that hardware ID (even just the part after the "\")

assuming that it is your camera try to install it's driver manually. I guess HP should have a Win7 driver for it on their website. Simply download it from there, right click device -> "Update driver software..." and look for the downloaded driver

hope this helps

Tuesday, October 19, 2010 7:03 AM
  • Thanks, I checked and under Hardware IDs it just had USB/unknown.  I tried updating drivers, and it said drivers are already up dated.  No luck!

Wednesday, October 20, 2010 7:06 PM