Error:Application Server Role, Web Server (IIS) Role: configuration error RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am trying to install SharePoint Foundation 2010 Pre-requisites and getting the below error:

Application Server Role, Web Server (IIS) Role: configuration error. The tool was unable to install Application Server Role.Web Server (IIS) Role.

I am using Windows Server 2008 R2 machine and also has IIS 7.0 installed.

Please let me know what needs to be done.

Thanks,

Abdi

Thanks & Regards, Abdi
    Tuesday, June 29, 2010 10:57 AM

Answers

• Hello,

You can uninstall your IIS and start SharePoint Foundation 2010 Pre-requisites.

You can used Windows Server Standart or Enterprice, not Web Edition, because Web edition doesn't have Application Server Role.

Sergey A Belskiy - Team Leader of developers, DEV-pro || My blog || My twitter || My space || My video
    • Marked as answer by Lily Wu Thursday, July 8, 2010 5:40 AM
    Tuesday, June 29, 2010 11:58 AM

All replies

• Hello,

You can uninstall your IIS and start SharePoint Foundation 2010 Pre-requisites.

You can used Windows Server Standart or Enterprice, not Web Edition, because Web edition doesn't have Application Server Role.

Sergey A Belskiy - Team Leader of developers, DEV-pro || My blog || My twitter || My space || My video
    • Marked as answer by Lily Wu Thursday, July 8, 2010 5:40 AM
    Tuesday, June 29, 2010 11:58 AM
  • After hours spent trying to figure this out, I tracked it down to the prereq installer and SharePoint not installing due to systemmangercmd.exe not being present in the system32 folder and thus not being able to run the step for the Roles.

The blog post here will show you how to get the missing files and where to upload them. You will probably need to modify the folder security on the System32 to modify and add folders.

http://danielcai.blogspot.co.nz/2012/05/install-crm-2011-on-windows-server-8.html

Once the file was in place both prereq installer and full installer worked correctly.

Friday, May 24, 2013 3:41 PM
  • Thank you God, is working!

So, I noticed that the file "ServerManagerCmd.exe" was missing in c:\windows\system32 on my windows 2012 and I followed the instructions found on Daniel Cai's Blog : http://danielcai.blogspot.co.nz/2012/05/install-crm-2011-on-windows-server-8.html

Like Vimal, my prereq installer worked perfectly after that.

Tuesday, May 6, 2014 1:40 AM
  • Yea!, worked for me too, I just tried same few minutes ago.
    Saturday, May 24, 2014 11:15 AM