vbc is not recognized RRS feed

• Question

• User-400277764 posted
    Hi,all, I am compiling a class in the command line compiler and I got this message: "vbc is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file." The command line I am using is C:\>vbc /t:library /out:..\bin\easy.dll /r:system.dll /r:system.web.dll global.vb. Anyone has idea? Thanks in advance,
    Tuesday, December 14, 2004 8:09 PM

All replies

• User52920949 posted
    Either you have not installed .Net, or the Path environment variable is not set. For the latter, right-click on "My Computer", go to "Properties", go to "Advanced", click "Environment Variables", under "System Variables" find "Path" and click edit. There should be a string in there that looks like thisC:\Program Files\Microsoft.NET\FrameworkSDK\Bin\;If not, just insert it (this string is the default install location for .Net, if you installed it somewhere else you will have to insert that path instead). Cheers Martin
    Tuesday, December 14, 2004 9:21 PM
  • User-504499122 posted
    You should register your environment variables for the vbc command to work. To avoid all this, you could simply use Visual Studio.NET 2003 Command Prompt provided by VS.NET. This comes with all the environment variables registered for .net vbc.exe is located under %windir%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322 So, please set the environment variable to this path
    Tuesday, December 14, 2004 9:48 PM
  • User-400277764 posted
    Many thanks for your help, guys I have found "Path", but originally, I found this string in there, like "%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\80\Tools\Binn\;". I have added the string: "C:\Program Files\Microsoft.NET\FrameworkSDK\Bin\;" to behind. However, I still got same error message. In my PC, I got both MSDE and Microsoft .NET framework sdk 1.1 installed. I don't have vb.net installed. Any more help?
    Tuesday, December 14, 2004 11:48 PM
  • User-504499122 posted
    vb.net compiler is installed by default if you .net framework. Please go to the path I suggesed and verify that vbc.exe exists in that folder, the sample folder would be again c:\windows\microsoft.net\framework\v1.1.4322\vbc.exe
    Wednesday, December 15, 2004 7:36 AM
  • User-948094434 posted

I don`t have vbc.exe there only regsvcs.exe.config and gacutil.exe.config. Where am I able to download vbc.exe or do I have to do something else?

Sunday, December 30, 2018 8:39 PM