none
Can't log in to Outlook.com RRS feed

• Question

• I haven't been able to log into my Outlook.com account to check my email, now for several days. I tried contacting support via direct email, but I didn't get the response I was looking for. Every time I try to log in, an error message reading "You're currently signed in with an Office 365 email account, which can't be used with Outlook.com. Please click here to sign out of your Office 365 account, then use another Microsoft account to sign in to Outlook.com (for example, your hotmail.com, live.com or msn.com account)". I select sign out of Office 365 to log into Outlook and then log back in, but every single time I do this, this message reappears. I NEED to access my email ASAP, because I get very important information through this email that I haven't been able to get to now for over a week. PLEASE HELP ME.
    Monday, July 22, 2013 10:45 PM

All replies

• Hi There,

Upon investigating this for you and attempting to replicate the issue, the issue appears to be down to a bug that is currently being investigated by the outlook.com product team.

Relevant information and link for reference are below:

You are receiving the error: You're currently signed in with an Office 365 email account, which can't be used with Outlook.com” because of the following reasons:

1. Your Microsoft account was registered or still registered in Office 365.
    2. Your Microsoft account ends with .edu domain extension name and is being managed by your University domain administrator.

Please follow the instructions below to prevent receiving the error message when accessing your account.

If your Microsoft account was registered or still registered in Office 365:

1. Make sure that you're signed out from any Microsoft services.
    2. Optimize your browser by clearing its cache and cookies. You may follow the instructions in thislink on how to do it.
    3. Then, sign into your account through this link: http://mail.office365.com/ . You should not encounter the error message again.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windowslive/forum/mail-signin/error-youre-currently-signed-in-with-an-office-365/64ea673f-6774-4988-bea8-f3b3d76322cd

I hope this helps!

Best regards,

Sean

• Proposed as answer by Sean D Haynes Monday, July 22, 2013 11:11 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by Sean D Haynes Monday, July 22, 2013 11:11 PM
    Monday, July 22, 2013 11:04 PM
  • Did you manage to sort this out? I am having the same problem and the suggetion below does not work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thursday, July 25, 2013 12:07 PM
  • This is still outstanding and to date I do not find anyone resolving it. enough is enough. HELP
    Thursday, August 22, 2013 3:19 PM
  • I am having the same problem. Please help. I really need to access my email
    Friday, August 23, 2013 1:51 PM
  • ridiculous problem. Please solve it. I am facing the same problem.
    Sunday, August 25, 2013 12:03 PM
  • Go into google chrome switch to incognito mode (https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95464?hl=en-GB)

On the tab that you are in incognito mode paste this link:

http://mail.office365.com/

click it

Sign in using your details its a complete and utter mess created by microsoft but this method works

J

Sunday, August 25, 2013 9:28 PM
  • Im still having problems with a .edu account, any suggestions

Friday, August 30, 2013 4:29 PM
  • That was the only thing that worked for me. THANKS!! :)
    Friday, August 30, 2013 9:30 PM
  • Yep, I'm having the same problems. And I have never had an edu email address.

I am also using a liveid that has NEVER been associated or logged into an Office 365 account.

To troubleshoot, I tried logging into Office 365 but it says I am not a user/wrong id. I try to log back into outlook.com or live.com and it says  am still logged into Office 365

Mike

Friday, November 8, 2013 4:28 PM