How do you create an addin using visual studio 2015? RRS feed

• Question

• I am very new to VS, just got it yesterday.

What I am wanting to do is create an addin for Outlook 2010, but I cant find the office addin template under the new project dialog. Is there a patch or update that will give this or do I have to have the full version of VS?

currently I have VS Community 2015 & VS 2015 Express Desktop on my computer.

Tuesday, July 21, 2015 2:22 PM

Answers

• Hi Klonbeck,

Thank you for posting in MSDN forum.

>>What I am wanting to do is create an addin for Outlook 2010, but I cant find the office addin template under the new project dialog.

I tried to install this VS2015 Community and then check if the office addin template is exist under the new project dialog box.

But I found that I did not find any template about this office addin in the VS2013 Community IDE.

So I think that it is default that there have no this office addin template for this VS2013 Community.

However, I did some research about this issue, I found that we could download and install this office developer tool for VS2015 community from the web platform installer.

https://www.microsoft.com/web/downloads/platform.aspx

After you download this web platform installer tool, I suggest you could search this office tool in this web

platform installer and then install it check this office addin template issue.

Best Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by Tina-Shi Wednesday, July 29, 2015 9:39 AM
    Wednesday, July 22, 2015 6:23 AM