none
Merge accounts? RRS feed

Answers

• Swap Live IDs between accounts/profiles is not stable as expected when we tested, which ruined the individual profile activities.
    So the best practice falls at changing the Live ID associated to your current profile, making sure the new Live ID doesn't have a profile affiliated to it, in this way the new Live ID will inherit the recognitions and points of this profile after the change. 
    Please note, if the current Live ID also associated to MSDN code and Gallery site, then you'll be losing access to them after the Live ID change. While as to blogs, forum, or Wiki site, it's fine. 

Visual Studio Cloud Services
    Http://msdn.microsoft.com

Wednesday, January 1, 2014 8:47 AM
  • No, but you can swap Live IDs between two accounts in order to switch your Live ID to associate it with the points of another account.

Thanks!

Ed Price (a.k.a User Ed), SQL Server Experience Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)

Monday, July 9, 2012 11:29 PM
    Owner

All replies

• No, but you can swap Live IDs between two accounts in order to switch your Live ID to associate it with the points of another account.

Thanks!

Ed Price (a.k.a User Ed), SQL Server Experience Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)

Monday, July 9, 2012 11:29 PM
    Owner
  • Yeah that I already knew but thank you. ;)

Do you think it might be available in the future?

Regards,

Eyal Shilony

Monday, July 9, 2012 11:41 PM
  • There are no current plans. I think it would be a nice feature, but it was repeatedly assessed as too costly compared to other needs.

Tuesday, July 10, 2012 12:03 AM
    Owner
  • I understand, thank you.

Regards,

Eyal Shilony

Tuesday, July 10, 2012 2:01 PM
  • Forgive the old post resurrection, but if a "me too" helps, I too would very much like to merge two accounts. I've got an old hostmail.co.uk account (recently renamed to outlook.com a month or two ago) and my primary email account under domains.live.com using my own tcln.com domain.  I'd like to just use my domains.live.com account going forward and would very much like to merge the contents of my historical outlook.com account into it... such as my connect.microsoft.com program memberships, xbox live gamer tag, messenger contacts, etc.

Is there anybody there at Microsoft that could do that for me, manually if necessary, please?

• Edited by Ryster092 Wednesday, October 3, 2012 8:11 PM
    Wednesday, October 3, 2012 8:07 PM
  • Forgive the old post resurrection, but if a "me too" helps, I too would very much like to merge two accounts. I've got an old hostmail.co.uk account (recently renamed to outlook.com a month or two ago) and my primary email account under domains.live.com using my own tcln.com domain.  I'd like to just use my domains.live.com account going forward and would very much like to merge the contents of my historical outlook.com account into it... such as my connect.microsoft.com program memberships, xbox live gamer tag, messenger contacts, etc.

Is there anybody there at Microsoft that could do that for me, manually if necessary, please?

Merging isn't an option at this point (and isn't currently planned). We can only swap Live IDs on the accounts.

Ed Price (a.k.a User Ed), SQL Server Customer Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)

Wednesday, October 3, 2012 9:50 PM
    Owner
  • How, I have JJShinobi on my jayvan_jj@yahoo.com  that I want to use for my new Windows 8 synced jayvansantos@gmail.com account. Is this possible?
    Thursday, November 1, 2012 2:30 AM
  • How, I have JJShinobi on my jayvan_jj@yahoo.com  that I want to use for my new Windows 8 synced jayvansantos@gmail.com account. Is this possible?

Yes. You can swap emails on two accounts. Just click the Site Feedback link below and make the request.

Thanks!

Ed Price (a.k.a User Ed), SQL Server Customer Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)

Saturday, November 3, 2012 10:41 AM
    Owner
  • I have old Windows Live ID the I intend to close. I want to continue to use all Microsoft online services wit my new Live ID. Is this possible?
    Friday, November 23, 2012 12:25 PM
  • I have old Windows Live ID the I intend to close. I want to continue to use all Microsoft online services wit my new Live ID. Is this possible?

Hi GoranZ !

You can change the email id associated with your TechNet / MSDN profile by performing the steps mentioned in following wiki article;

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/4806.how-to-request-your-email-or-live-id-changed-on-an-msdn-or-technet-profile.aspx

Note : You can not merge 2 accounts but you can still swap between 2 accounts.

Please let me know if this doesn’t work for you. Hope I have answered you correctly.

Thanks, Hasham Niaz

Friday, November 23, 2012 6:15 PM
  • I too have this question.
    Thursday, November 29, 2012 8:44 PM
  • I too have two accounts that would be better merged.

Additional problem:  When I set up Win 8 I used one of my two windows live accounts.  Unfortunately, I did not use the one that has my subscription to a larger SkyDrive.  Can I change the account associated with Windows 8?  Or is there an easy way to access that SkyDrive without setting up a new user in Win 8?

I seem to be able to display that SkyDrive, but I'm having a hard time figuring out how I did it.

Saturday, January 5, 2013 11:57 PM
  • I would like to merge my accounts as well. I have my xbox account which I made when I was 12 (dodgymonkey18....) and a real one which has an msdn subscription among other things. It's a real pain, especially since I never use the dodgymonkey account for anything else.
    Wednesday, June 19, 2013 12:09 AM
  • please explain how to swap LiveID's as you indicated.

Thursday, November 28, 2013 4:27 PM
  • Hi Ed

can you please explain the steps to perform swap live ids between two account

I have account A (My Regular Microsoft Account) and Account B (I have been using as company's email address)

I have earned recognition points in Account B, now I want to keep only one account to moving forwad, so can you please provide me the steps to move all stuff from Account B to Account A

thank you

-Bhautik

If you find this post helpful then please "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer". Many Thanks -Bhautik Desai xRM Technologies

Friday, December 27, 2013 3:15 PM
  • Swap Live IDs between accounts/profiles is not stable as expected when we tested, which ruined the individual profile activities.
    So the best practice falls at changing the Live ID associated to your current profile, making sure the new Live ID doesn't have a profile affiliated to it, in this way the new Live ID will inherit the recognitions and points of this profile after the change. 
    Please note, if the current Live ID also associated to MSDN code and Gallery site, then you'll be losing access to them after the Live ID change. While as to blogs, forum, or Wiki site, it's fine. 

Wednesday, January 1, 2014 8:47 AM

So are you saying the service is still provided? How do they change the Live ID as you suggested?

Ed Price, Power BI & SQL Server Customer Program Manager (Blog, Small Basic, Wiki Ninjas, Wiki)

Answer an interesting question? Create a wiki article about it!

Saturday, February 1, 2014 12:28 AM
    Owner
  • Hi Ed,
    Just send to fissues AT Microsoft dot com for evaluation.

Wednesday, February 12, 2014 3:02 AM
  • Hi Guys

any news about merging 2 accounts?

I have 2 Microsoft Accounts and each one of them I used TechNet forums, MVA etc... I want to unite them as 2 aliases on the same account because it's driving me crazy to manage them both

Tamir Levy

Thursday, August 21, 2014 10:18 AM
  • See What if I have more than one Microsoft account? in this link.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/account/default.aspx

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

Thursday, August 21, 2014 12:55 PM