none
invalid code RRS feed

• Question

• I have restored window 8 PRO and gone Expression Studio 4 web professional; I tried to reinstall it, but the message that it is an invalid code.

I installed Expression Web 4 the first time on Windows vista 64 bit, the second time when I updated to Windows 8 PRO, and it is now the third, but does not support the code, still the same code and the same personal computer.

I don't want to lose this program, it is entertaining for me, ¿can someone tell me how to solve this?

Tuesday, January 15, 2013 8:49 AM

Answers

• "... message that it is an invalid code."
    If this is referring to the product/CD key, then:

Expression Web 4 (paid for version) is only licensed for two (2) activations. To activate the third time you either have to wait for the previous activations to drop off the activation server (about
    a year or so) or use telephone activation.

However, you may have a licensing problem - the solution is to use the hotfix described in the "Fix licensing Issues" thread

A different solution may be to download and install the free version of Expression Web 4 from http://www.microsoft.com/expression (this does not require activation, but is not supported by
    Microsoft.)

Ron Symonds
    Microsoft MVP (Expression Web)

www.rxs-enterprises.org/fp
    • Marked as answer by 515034 Tuesday, January 15, 2013 2:32 PM
    Tuesday, January 15, 2013 9:06 AM
  • "...does not support the code..." doesn't mean anything. What is the exact error message?

Do you mean that you can't activate Expression Web? If that's the case, you'll have to contact Microsoft. Read the Forum FAQ, above for information about activation issues. You can only install and activate Expression Web twice; if that's what your problem is, you have exceeded your activation limit. Call Microsoft for help and explain it to them.

We don't have any tech support capabilities, since this is a user forum.

Like all pilots, Santa has to get certified periodically by the Federal Aviation Administration. The examiner checked his log book and the sleigh.
    Then they were ready for the checkride. Santa got in the sleigh and the examiner joined him. But he was carrying a rifle.
    "What's that for?" asked Santa.
    "I'm not supposed to tell you this, but you're gonna lose an engine on takeoff."

Tuesday, January 15, 2013 12:45 PM
  • Trial or evaluation version:  60 days, may need activation
    Paid for version (purchased on line or boxed): Indefinite, needs activation
    Free version:  Indefinite

See this article regarding the Treeview control:

You may get better answers to asp.NET questions at the asp.Net forum

Ron Symonds

• Marked as answer by 515034 Wednesday, January 16, 2013 11:45 AM
    Tuesday, January 15, 2013 2:28 PM
  • "

Error creating TreeView1 control

“Object reference not set to instance of an object “

Means what it says: you are referencing something the code trying to reference it can't find (it doesn't exist, has no value, is out of scope...).

If you have debug set to true for the page. it usually tells you what it's trying to reference when the error pops up.

For more help, post code, the *exact* error, ...and do it on the asp.net forum.  :)

• Marked as answer by 515034 Wednesday, January 16, 2013 11:46 AM
    Tuesday, January 15, 2013 8:12 PM

All replies

• "... message that it is an invalid code."
    If this is referring to the product/CD key, then:

Expression Web 4 (paid for version) is only licensed for two (2) activations. To activate the third time you either have to wait for the previous activations to drop off the activation server (about
    a year or so) or use telephone activation.

However, you may have a licensing problem - the solution is to use the hotfix described in the "Fix licensing Issues" thread

A different solution may be to download and install the free version of Expression Web 4 from http://www.microsoft.com/expression (this does not require activation, but is not supported by
    Microsoft.)

Ron Symonds

Tuesday, January 15, 2013 9:06 AM
  • "...does not support the code..." doesn't mean anything. What is the exact error message?

Do you mean that you can't activate Expression Web? If that's the case, you'll have to contact Microsoft. Read the Forum FAQ, above for information about activation issues. You can only install and activate Expression Web twice; if that's what your problem is, you have exceeded your activation limit. Call Microsoft for help and explain it to them.

We don't have any tech support capabilities, since this is a user forum.

Like all pilots, Santa has to get certified periodically by the Federal Aviation Administration. The examiner checked his log book and the sleigh.
    Then they were ready for the checkride. Santa got in the sleigh and the examiner joined him. But he was carrying a rifle.
    "What's that for?" asked Santa.
    "I'm not supposed to tell you this, but you're gonna lose an engine on takeoff."

Tuesday, January 15, 2013 12:45 PM
  • I installed hotfix sent to me through email and I reinstalled expression web4, but how long does this program? they are 60 days in evaluation versions or is it indefinite?

On the other hand Do I have to register this program with the identification key that had the program on CD?

In addition, I do not view the ASPX pages, the following message appears:

Thanks, best regards

• Unmarked as answer by 515034 Wednesday, January 16, 2013 11:45 AM
    Tuesday, January 15, 2013 1:59 PM
  • Trial or evaluation version:  60 days, may need activation
    Paid for version (purchased on line or boxed): Indefinite, needs activation
    Free version:  Indefinite

See this article regarding the Treeview control:

You may get better answers to asp.NET questions at the asp.Net forum

Ron Symonds

Tuesday, January 15, 2013 2:28 PM
  • "

Means what it says: you are referencing something the code trying to reference it can't find (it doesn't exist, has no value, is out of scope...).

If you have debug set to true for the page. it usually tells you what it's trying to reference when the error pops up.

For more help, post code, the *exact* error, ...and do it on the asp.net forum.  :)

• Marked as answer by 515034 Wednesday, January 16, 2013 11:46 AM
    Tuesday, January 15, 2013 8:12 PM