The following forum(s) have migrated to Microsoft Q&A (Preview): Developing Universal Windows apps!
Visit Microsoft Q&A (Preview) to post new questions.

Learn More

UWP windows 10 apps with device integration connecting to POS chip and pin emv card reader and nfc (tap and pay) RRS feed

• Question

• I am looking for samples of uwp windows 10 applications which could connect to POS chip and pin emv card reader and nfc (tap and pay), I could get only sample for magnetic stripe reader. Any help on this would be appreciated

Thanks, Nayana M

Monday, April 23, 2018 6:14 AM

All replies

• Hi Nayana M,

I checked the official samples for UWP. There is sample that shows how to implement an NFC HCE (Host Card Emulation) tap+pay application. You could get it from this link: Near field communication (NFC) sample.

I could not found sample about chip and pin emv card reader. It seems there is no such sample. I could only find some document POS here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/uwp/devices-sensors/point-of-service.

Best regards,

Roy

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, April 24, 2018 8:40 AM
  • @Nayana,

We do not have support in Windows UWP for chip and pin cards at this time and the NFC support that is available is the consumer side of the transaction, not the retailer side.  Most hardware manufacturers of chip and pin readers have SDKs available that can be integrated into your UWP application.  I would suggest that you reach out to your hardware manufacturer for assistance with this.

Terry Warwick
    Microsoft

Monday, April 30, 2018 1:39 AM