How do I embed an InfoPath form in the body of an e-mail and have the data go to a SharePoint list when the end-user submits the form? RRS feed

• Question

• I've managed to create a form in InfoPath with all the required fields.  I can publish this to be embedded in the body of an e-mail as long as it is not linked to the SharePoint list.  I can also publish the form directly in the SharePoint list so that when you 'Add document' the form appears and can be filled out.  However, I can't publish the form to an e-mail (embedded in the body) and have a end-user submit the information to a SharePoint list.  Is this possible?  If so, what steps am I missing to allow it to happen?  Thanks!
    • Moved by Mike Walsh FIN Friday, April 1, 2011 5:47 AM InfoPath questions go to the InfoPath forum not to general (From:SharePoint - General Question and Answers and Discussion (pre-SharePoint 2010))
    Friday, April 1, 2011 4:47 AM

Answers

• This is the pre-2010 forum, so you would have to be using 2003 or 2007, and neither of those versions can submit to lists.  2003 and 2007 can only submit to a form library, and if you do that, then it has no affect on submitting to email.  You can always do both, so I'm not sure what you're referring to nor why you're referring to lists.  You can only submit to lists in 2010.  Btw, "add document" is only in a document library (form library), which is not a list.

Don't publish to email - just publish to the form library and add a "submit to email" data connection.  Why do you need to publish to email?  Why do users submit to the form library from email?  Why can they not submit directly to SharePoint?  If you must publish to email, are you saying you are not able to add a "submit to SharePoint document library" data connection?

SharePoint Architect || Microsoft MVP || My Blog
    Planet Technologies || SharePoint Task Force
    • Marked as answer by Peng Lei Friday, April 8, 2011 7:42 AM
    Friday, April 1, 2011 6:49 AM