win-progress style/attribute for listView RRS feed

• Question

• I am using a listview and have set it up with a custom data source. I am not getting a progress bar/ring when its getting data,so really awkward. I tried looking at the docs, there's supposed to be a "win-progress" attribute you can set but it doesnt say WHAT you need to put in there. 

Then i look at progress control documentation and i see something quite different.

Here's that example.Supposing i want to get the listview to use it,where/what do i do? thanks

<meta charset="utf-8" />
    <label class="progressRingText">
        <progress class="win-ring withText"></progress>Processing</label>

<meta charset="utf-8" />
    progress.withText
    {
        color: inherit; /* Uses the same text color as the page */
        vertical-align: text-bottom; /* Makes the bottom of the control align with the bottom of its label */
    }

/* Text style for a label for the progress ring */
    .progressRingText
    {
        font-family: "Segoe UI";
    }

/* Text style for a label for a default size progress ring */
    .progressRingText
    {
        font-size: 11pt;
        line-height: 15pt;
    }

/* The margin to separate the ring and its label */
    .progressRingText progress
    {
        margin-right: 5px;
    }

Tuesday, March 13, 2012 5:20 PM

All replies

• Hello.

If I'm not mistaken, the listview won't do that automatically for you,so you'll need to add a progress element to the page and set its initial display to none. THen you'll have to set it back on when you're refreshing the list. 

Luis Abreu

Tuesday, March 13, 2012 11:07 PM
  • I am looking for a concrete answer.

As i said above,there's a win-progress attribute on the listview help page,but what should it have? What's the win-progress={} need to be like???

Wednesday, March 14, 2012 1:58 AM
  • What I'm saying is that I haven't found a way to have a progress shown automatically by the listview. What the docs are saying is that there are default custom styles for all the elements with the win-progress class shown inside the listview control and it doesn't mention anywhere that you can, say, get a progress bar automatically when loading the items from a data source.

If there's a way to do that, I'm also interested in knowing how, but till now, I had to write some code and add a progress bar outside the listview to give feedback while the items were loading.

Luis Abreu

Wednesday, March 14, 2012 8:51 AM
  • Hi V,

Listview will show a progress while its working to fetch data – but only with an async datasource. If you are using binding.list or similar, and doing an async fetch into it, then listview won’t know about it to show the progress.

Also the progress isn’t instantaneous – its shown after a small delay (aprox 500ms).
     -Jeff

Jeff Sanders (MSFT)

Thursday, March 15, 2012 11:40 AM
  • Can you give me any docs or sample to use the mentioned "async datasource"?

Thiwakorn Faengrit Associate Technical Evangelist, DPE Microsoft (Thailand)

Tuesday, November 20, 2012 7:40 AM
  • Tuesday, November 20, 2012 4:11 PM