SSRS Reports Takes time to load every first time. RRS feed

• Question

• Dear Experts, 

I have recently gone through one issues like i have a SSRS Reports which has some fields like below 

#FromDate (loads from Shared Data set)

#ToDate (loads from Shared Data set)

#Parameter1 (loads from Shared Data set)

#Parameter2 Dropdown (loads from Shared Data set)

The above parameter does have the default values defined inside the report and also the SP that is called in the report is also having some default values and with recompile option and Arithabort on set and read uncommitted isolation . 

##Issue:

When the user calls the Reports with some  parameters, the report takes time to load and showing (Loading Cancel) Pages will keep spinning for long time 

Observations: 

- SP Execution was checks after capturing the parameters and ran explicitly which run in 100 ms

- Verified the ExecutionLog1/2/3 .. for ReportAction "Render" the rendertime is more where the timeprocessing and timeDataretrieval is less when compared to Rendertime. 

- THen i ran a SQL Server Profiler to see what is actually happening and found the report url that called has a delay of actually hitting the main DB which is also a Shared Datasource (delay like 30 secs) exactly the same which it is spinning. 

How can I reduce this loading time?

Because of this performance our team is under pressure to choose other reporting tools to avoid this delay in application loading as I Like working with SSRS and don't want to go for other reporting tools just because of the loading issues.

Thank you... MOMEN

Tuesday, May 12, 2020 1:41 PM

All replies

• It's "normal" behavior that SSRS takes more time to load the first time as it after a long time of inactivity. 

here blog to resolve that https://pawlowski.cz/2011/07/31/solving-issue-long-starting-report-ssrs-2008/

http://uk.linkedin.com/in/ramjaddu

Tuesday, May 12, 2020 1:47 PM
  • After a period of inactivity SSRS goes into idle mode and the next call of a report takes some time until SSRS is up again: SSRS Wake-Up Call

Olaf Helper

[ Blog] [ Xing] [ MVP]

Tuesday, May 12, 2020 2:07 PM
  • Hi Momen,

In addition, please refer to this similar thread which might help.

Best Regards,

Amelia

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, May 13, 2020 7:08 AM
  • Dear Olaf, 

Thanks for the Reply, that helped for the Non-parameterized report. For Parameterized report with Default Parameter values report still takes delay. Is it possible to fix this delay also

Thank you... MOMEN

Wednesday, May 13, 2020 8:16 AM
  • Hi Momen,

Could you please try the steps posted by RamJaddu?

Best Regards,

Amelia

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, May 15, 2020 9:45 AM