Active Directory: Searching Users/Group in LDAP via C++ RRS feed

• Question

• Currently we started to migrate our existing authentication to Active Directory authetication, but now i am facing lot of issues in searching users and group.

let me explain you we have an application/server who will autheticate and authorize user. so we will change our server to autheticate from LDAP server configured.

i know we should have service account, so i have ldap setup and service account exist.

1. How to search user with password via service account
    2. How to search group
    3. How to search user is part of group

it would be good if someone refer any book and code sample to understand the LDAP search functionality.

• Changed type Ashish Kasama Tuesday, July 19, 2011 1:49 PM
    • Moved by Rob Pan Wednesday, July 20, 2011 6:13 AM for better support (From:Visual C++ General)
    Monday, July 18, 2011 2:47 PM

All replies

• Hi,

According to your description, it seems that you thread is about security for application. So I will move it to the correct forum for better support. Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Rob

Rob Pan [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Wednesday, July 20, 2011 6:13 AM
  • Searching a Directory

The following is signature, not part of post
    Please mark the post answered your question as the answer, and mark other helpful posts as helpful, so they will appear differently to other users who are visiting your thread for the same problem.
    Visual C++ MVP
    Wednesday, July 20, 2011 8:30 PM