The type or namespace name 'Lucene' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi!

I'm trying to deploy thought visualstudio online a project on Azure with a dependency on Lucene.Net (the Azure version).

The project builds and run fine on local, but when I try to compile on visualstudio appears the error:

"Error: The type or namespace name 'Lucene' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)"

Lucene.Net and Lucene.Net.Store.Azure are installed on the project using NuGet. They are referenced on the code (the project run in local). "Allow NuGet to download missing packages during build" are enabled. And the project has been deployed on his early versions (without Lucene.Net dependency) without any problem and run normally on Azure (on Stage and on Production environments).

But on the repository doesn't appears the packages Lucene.Net or Lucene.Net.Store.Azure.

Is there any "Allow NuGet to download missing packages during build" on the VisualStudio online? How can add the packages to the repository and made a successful build?

Thanks in advance

Thursday, November 14, 2013 9:44 AM

Answers

• I've discovered the problem. The project has 1 WebSite and 2 Worker Roles. All was inside the TFS but the Root .sln project.

• Marked as answer by jimerino Thursday, November 14, 2013 5:03 PM
    Thursday, November 14, 2013 5:03 PM

All replies

• I've discovered the problem. The project has 1 WebSite and 2 Worker Roles. All was inside the TFS but the Root .sln project.

• Marked as answer by jimerino Thursday, November 14, 2013 5:03 PM
    Thursday, November 14, 2013 5:03 PM
  • Hi jimerino,

I am glad to hear you resolved the issue yourself. Thank you for sharing your experience here. It is useful for other members who experience the same issue.

Best regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, November 15, 2013 1:34 AM