none
why my app failed after submission but passed when i tested it on my pc?

Question

• i had a grid app, i just added localization & submitted it to store & i got technical compliance certification failed , i had tested it on my PC locally & it passed , but why my app got failed after submission?

Wednesday, June 4, 2014 11:32 AM

Answers

• Hi,

In order to be able to discuss specifics of your app and the reasons for failure, please go to the following site and open a support ticket for this issue. http://aka.ms/StoreSupport. This will be the best way to accurately address this for you and ensure you are given the proper support.

And I moved your thread to the "Publishing Windows Store apps" forum, hope you can get more suggestion here.

Best Wishes!

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey. Thanks<br/> MSDN Community Support<br/> <br/> Please remember to &quot;Mark as Answer&quot; the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Thursday, June 5, 2014 5:52 AM

All replies

• Take a look at the PDF report that's given after testing - it will have an explanation from the tester.

Darin R.

Wednesday, June 4, 2014 1:32 PM
  • Hi,

After the certification process is complete, you'll get a certification report telling you whether or not your app passes certification. If your app did not pass certification, the report will indicate which test failed or which certification requirement was not met. See Resolving certification errors for help fixing problems so you can submit the app for certification again. If the failure was due to your app crashing or becoming unresponsive during testing, you’ll receive crash report data to help you identify and resolve the problem.

And refer to the link to check whether your app can achieve App certification requirements:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/apps/hh694083.aspx

Best Wishes!

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey. Thanks<br/> MSDN Community Support<br/> <br/> Please remember to &quot;Mark as Answer&quot; the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Thursday, June 5, 2014 2:50 AM
  • there is no such precise indication of which requirement is not met during app certification, it just says technical compliance failed & gives links to general information on app certification process, it would be better & they should!! indicate precisely where the app failed like "images size is more" or "color ratio is not in the range", it help us a lot so that we can rectify the error & submit it again rather than beating our heads to walls about why the app certification failed.
    Thursday, June 5, 2014 4:03 AM
  • PDF report is only generated for content compliance issues darin , not technical issues.
    Thursday, June 5, 2014 4:04 AM
  • Hi,

In order to be able to discuss specifics of your app and the reasons for failure, please go to the following site and open a support ticket for this issue. http://aka.ms/StoreSupport. This will be the best way to accurately address this for you and ensure you are given the proper support.

And I moved your thread to the "Publishing Windows Store apps" forum, hope you can get more suggestion here.

Best Wishes!

Thursday, June 5, 2014 5:52 AM