Passing Values via Querystring RRS feed

• Question

• Hi - I want to use a Page Viewer web part on our intranet homepage to embed a "quick search" screen for our home-grown employee directory. When the user searches, I want to redirect to the search results on another page, that may have the results in another Page Viewer, or part of a master page. The search parameter needs to be passed via querystring and then used on the results page to generate the data. But I can't figure out how to accomplish this!

Any advice will be appreciated!

Thanks,

Jen

Monday, July 30, 2007 7:57 PM

Answers

• I don't think you'll be able to use the page viewer web part. The page viewer web part essentially renders HTML from a given URL. There is no interaction between the content in the web part and SharePoint.

If you need to keep your existing search page, you could write a web part that creates a page viewer web part and passes the query string.

Tuesday, July 31, 2007 2:22 AM

All replies

• I don't think you'll be able to use the page viewer web part. The page viewer web part essentially renders HTML from a given URL. There is no interaction between the content in the web part and SharePoint.

If you need to keep your existing search page, you could write a web part that creates a page viewer web part and passes the query string.

Tuesday, July 31, 2007 2:22 AM
  • try to use querystring filter webpart.

Tuesday, July 31, 2007 3:04 AM
  • Query string filter web part won't pass the query string to a URL in a page viewer web part

Tuesday, July 31, 2007 3:06 AM