What should the best way to Run Test Suite for Different Languages in Coded UI?? RRS feed

• Question

• Currently, i am running my Test Suite for Different Languages of my AUT via getting language of Application & thereafter initializing variables according to Application's Language. I fetch the values of variables from XML files. Is there a better way of doing it i.e rather than fetching the variables from XML files is there any sort of in built support provided in Coded UI for handling this??

Thursday, February 7, 2013 12:17 PM

Answers

• Hello Vibhu,

Thank you for your post.

As far as I know, there is no build-in feature provided for Coded UI test or Visual Studio to support to run tests on different languages.

If you think that the feature is important to you, you could submit this feature request:

http://visualstudio.uservoice.com/forums/121579-visual-studio

The Visual Studio product team is listening to user voice there. You can send your ideas/suggestions there and people can vote.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best regards,

Amanda Zhu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Marked as answer by Amanda Zhu Monday, February 11, 2013 2:10 AM
    Friday, February 8, 2013 5:51 AM

All replies

• Hello Vibhu,

Thank you for your post.

As far as I know, there is no build-in feature provided for Coded UI test or Visual Studio to support to run tests on different languages.

If you think that the feature is important to you, you could submit this feature request:

http://visualstudio.uservoice.com/forums/121579-visual-studio

The Visual Studio product team is listening to user voice there. You can send your ideas/suggestions there and people can vote.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best regards,

Amanda Zhu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Marked as answer by Amanda Zhu Monday, February 11, 2013 2:10 AM
    Friday, February 8, 2013 5:51 AM
  • Thanks Amanda!!!

Regards

Vibhu

Friday, February 8, 2013 6:18 PM