none
unable to delete task content type from a site RRS feed

• Question

• Custom content type was added while creating list workflow task process. Now the workflow is deleted, and no items of this content type on the site. Web interface shows error and SPD says that content type is in use now.

Where should i look for?

Friday, May 21, 2010 7:59 AM

Answers

• Hi Prinzc,

You could access the web applications content database and execute the following command:

select * from dbo.AllUserData where tp_ContentTypeId = 0x01010700B46F454ACE06A74F88EE8E29E73D4A9C

You'll need to  replace the value of tp_ContentTypeId above with the Id of your content type. This will return a list of all the locations where the content type is in use.

Just be careful when accessing the SharePoint database as it's not generally a supported approach.

I hope this helps.

Brian C | Blog Site

• Marked as answer by prinzc Friday, May 21, 2010 4:02 PM
    Friday, May 21, 2010 8:25 AM

All replies

• Hi Prinzc,

You could access the web applications content database and execute the following command:

select * from dbo.AllUserData where tp_ContentTypeId = 0x01010700B46F454ACE06A74F88EE8E29E73D4A9C

You'll need to  replace the value of tp_ContentTypeId above with the Id of your content type. This will return a list of all the locations where the content type is in use.

Just be careful when accessing the SharePoint database as it's not generally a supported approach.

I hope this helps.

Brian C | Blog Site

• Marked as answer by prinzc Friday, May 21, 2010 4:02 PM
    Friday, May 21, 2010 8:25 AM
  • thanx, but there was no data using the content type, it was using in Tasks list.
    Friday, May 21, 2010 4:02 PM