Javascript Facebook Intergration RRS feed

• Question

• User-308590806 posted

Hi guys

I am wondering how I can get a javascript questionare to contain a button that posts the result onto the current users facebook wall. here is a  simple version of the code I am using .. any help would be greatly appreciated.

<html>
            <head>
                    <title>Game suggestion application</title>
                    <script type="text/javascript">
                            //This is our game list, which makes it easy to add new games
                            var games = [
                                    { name: 'Battlefield 3', type: 'fps', preference: 'tactical' },
                                    { name: 'Call of Duty', type: 'fps', preference: 'tactical' },
                                    { name: 'Starcraft', type: 'rts', preference: 'tactical' }
                            ];

/// <summary>
                            /// Returns an array of game suggestions based on on the supplied type and preference
                            /// </summary>
                            function getGameSuggestions(lookingForType, lookingForPreference){
                                    var suggestedGames = [];
                                    //Loop through our game list and add each item which matches type and preference to our suggestion list.
                                    for(var i = 0; i < games.length; i++){
                                            var currentGameToCheck = games[i];
                                            if (currentGameToCheck.type == lookingForType && currentGameToCheck.preference == lookingForPreference){
                                                    suggestedGames.push(currentGameToCheck);
                                            }
                                    }
                                    return suggestedGames;
                            }
                            /// <summary>
                            /// Returns the value of the checked radio button for the radio button group with the supplied group name.
                            /// </summary>
                            function getRadioButtonSelectedValue(radioButtonGroupName){
                                    //gameInfo is the name of our form object, so the document.gameInfo will give us our form element
                                    //and in that object we should have a list of radiobuttons corresponding to the supplied name
                                    var radioButtons = document.gameInfo[radioButtonGroupName];

//Iterate through the found buttons and return the value of the selected button
                                    if (radioButtons && radioButtons.length){
                                            for (var i = 0; i < radioButtons.length; i++){
                                                    if (radioButtons[i].checked)
                                                            return radioButtons[i].value;
                                            }
                                    }
                                    //If no button was selected, or the radioButtonGroupName was invalid, return null.
                                    return null;
                            }
                            /// <summary>
                            /// Reads the selected values and displays suggestions to the user.
                            /// </summary>
                            function suggestGame(){
                                    //The string sent to the method needs to match the name given to the radio button elements in that group.
                                    var type = getRadioButtonSelectedValue('type');
                                    var preference = getRadioButtonSelectedValue('preference');

//If both type and preference was selected, alert the user of suggestions found
                                    if (type && preference){
                                            var suggestions = getGameSuggestions(type, preference);
                                            if (suggestions.length == 0){
                                                    alert('No suggestions found for your selections');
                                            }
                                            else{
                                                    for(var i = 0; i < suggestions.length; i++){
                                                            alert('Game suggested: ' + suggestions[i].name);
                                                    }
                                            }
                                    }
                            }
                    </script>
            </head>
            <body>
                    <fieldset>
                            <legend>Game suggestions</legend>
                            <form name="gameInfo">
                                    <div>
                                            <div>Choose game type</div>
                                            <input type="radio" name="type" value="fps">FPS</input>
                                            <input type="radio" name="type" value="rts">RTS</input>
                                            <input type="radio" name="type" value="rpg">RPG</input>
                                    </div>
                                    <div>
                                            <div>Choose preference</div>
                                            <input type="radio" name="preference" value="tactical">Tactical</input>
                                            <input type="radio" name="preference" value="arcade">Arcade</input>
                                            <input type="radio" name="preference" value="offline">Offline</input>
                                    </div>
                                    <input type="button" value="Suggest game!" onclick="suggestGame();"/>
                            </form>
                    </fieldset>
            </body>
    </html>
    Monday, March 26, 2012 4:38 AM

Answers

• User1657234241 posted

Do you need a publish with popup window or automatically? If you want to do it automatically

user has to previously grand stream publish permission.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, March 26, 2012 6:22 AM
  • User1657234241 posted

You can see page source from this page and adapt it for you application:

http://faceconn.com/demo/StreamPublishPage.php

Monday, March 26, 2012 10:25 AM

All replies

• User1657234241 posted

Do you need a publish with popup window or automatically? If you want to do it automatically

user has to previously grand stream publish permission.

Monday, March 26, 2012 6:22 AM
  • User-308590806 posted

I was thinking with a pop up... say a button within the messegebox. well thats what I had in mind

Monday, March 26, 2012 10:02 AM
  • User1657234241 posted

You can see page source from this page and adapt it for you application:

http://faceconn.com/demo/StreamPublishPage.php

Monday, March 26, 2012 10:25 AM
  • User-308590806 posted

I am going to be brutally honest here.. I don't know where to start with the code above :(. I am at home with c# but anything to do with the web and I am in the dark :(

Monday, March 26, 2012 8:58 PM