none
Bing Maps Api code for touchscreen panning RRS feed

• Question

• Hello is there a js script for touchscreen panning with two fingers, All i saw works on wel on the web but not on a smart phone touch screen. Zoom in and out doesn't

Or what is the correct code for this.

Just a noob question but i want to play around a little with code

Thanks in advantage

Alex Kooyman

Wednesday, January 23, 2019 6:14 PM

All replies

• Hi Alex,

Can you give us more detail about what you have tried?  When I go to https://www.bing.com/api/maps/sdk/mapcontrol/isdk and use a simple Map on my phone the two finger actions work for me.  Is there a particular browser that may be the source of your issue?

Sincerely,

IoTGirl

Wednesday, January 23, 2019 8:26 PM
    Owner
  • Hi loTGirl, thanks for the answer.

I have used code examples witch worked well bij mouse (hoover/click/etc) but as soon used on my s9 plus nothing happend futher. Have to tell  that i'm no expert or ict prof, just a curious noob trying things.

I know the link you gave, but maybe i don't understand enough to search at the right places.

Again thanl for the repley.

Regards

Alex

Tuesday, January 29, 2019 5:32 PM
  • Hi Alex,

My recommendation is to go to that site and choose the basic map sample.  Note that the Bing Map V8 control relies on the browser and device drivers to pass the correct messages for pan and zoom behavior so if it is not working as you expect try another browser.  If you are on a Samsung Android phone, you can install the Edge Browser from the App store and see if that fixes the issue for you.

Sincerely,

IoTGirl

Tuesday, January 29, 2019 5:48 PM
    Owner
  • Thank you for your answer. I don't use a browser on my phone. I want to implement in a so called digitale form.Example. Workorder, you have to fill in the distance you have driving to your job. It's a support by MoreApp, So you can choos an HTML elemant and add to your form and then by code display a map, calculate the direction an route. On my desktop with chrome mouse works perfect, as soon i start on my phone panning/zoom isn't working anymore.

I will look at your suggestion

Thanks again

Regards

Alex

Tuesday, January 29, 2019 7:00 PM
  • You could try Autosuggest to get the correct address.  See http://bingmapsv8samples.azurewebsites.net/#Fill%20Address%20Form%20with%20Autosuggest

You can see the full sample source on GitHub.

Tuesday, January 29, 2019 7:14 PM
    Owner