xsd to class generation when there are refererence xsds RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have question regarding that short post http://bembengarifin.wordpress.com/2009/07/14/generate-net-class-from-xsd-with-references-to-other-xsd-using-xsd-exe/

I wrote my question also there but I would like to share with you too, here is my question.

there is a small problem when you run that you get 1 class instead of 2 classes. Ok you may say what is the matter with that? I give you a scenario below.
    there are 2 root xsd and 3 reference xsds
    root: xsd 1 xsd 2 references: xsd A xsd B xsd C
    1 has reference A,B,C
    2 has reference A,B,C

when you create classes using the way you illustrated you end up with 2 class both having same properties (property definitions of A,B and C). then if you try to create a WSDL using these 2 classes, Visual Studio will warn you by saying multiple property declarations. Therefore you need to separate them in a common/shared classes again. thats a tired way of doing if you have too many xsds with same references combined.
    ok, now the question is "is there anyway I can accoplish 2+3 classes generated rather than 2 classes for the scenario above?" I know some 3rd party programs doing that but they do sometimes wrong classes. good program suggestion will be appreciated too.

thanks.

• Moved by Allen ZhangMicrosoft employee Monday, October 18, 2010 12:56 AM Usage on XSD.EXE tool (From:XML and the .NET Framework)
    • Moved by Allen Chen - MSFT Monday, October 18, 2010 9:11 AM It's not a WCF issue (From:Windows Communication Foundation)
    Wednesday, October 13, 2010 5:39 PM

Answers

All replies