none
How to Trace BizTalk Adapter Error. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

Just a quick question..is when i get SAP Adapter error and i check BizTalk Admin console i see dehydrated orchestration and Request messages to SAP.. will that mean that messages has not been send due to this error..or messages has been send..

I am little confused as normally when we get error ,we see in event log that description of error with MessageID and InstanceID..

But in this case i only see error and when i check BizTalk Admin Console i see only orchestration and messages in dehydrated state.

Pls Advise its urgent...

-- Regards Sandeep
    Thursday, March 18, 2010 5:49 AM

All replies

• A dehydrated orchestration could have tried to submit the message to SAP and something about the connection was unavailable so it dehydrated.

The only times that the suspended messages get purged is when the BizTalk process is fully stopped or if you manually terminate a message or service instance using the admin console's query and right-click functionality. This technique is documented here: http://msinnovations.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!62E68922E47BC425!246.entry.

That is unusual that a message Id is not being logged. I am guessing that the orchestration could be failing as part of other processing not related to a particular message.

Thanks,
    If this answers your question, please use the "Answer" button to say so | Ben Cline
    Thursday, March 18, 2010 5:45 PM
  • HI Ben,

One thing i like to add when i get error as mentioned in my first post there is also another error with one of the messages regarding some invalid valid like mentioned below..

Microsoft.XLANGs.Core.XlangSoapException: An error occurred while processing the message, refer to the details section for more information 
    Message ID: {37084B25-37EF-48FF-9DBA-3BA7F28A4CDE}
    Instance ID: {CDE8FEF8-3A50-46CA-ACC4-297DEF5769D5}
    Error Description: Posting key 31 does not permit specification of a special G/L indicator

at Microsoft.BizTalk.XLANGs.BTXEngine.BTXPortBase.VerifyTransport(Envelope env, Int32 operationId, Context ctx)
       at Microsoft.XLANGs.Core.Subscription.Receive(Segment s, Context ctx, Envelope& env, Boolean topOnly)
       at Microsoft.XLANGs.Core.PortBase.GetMessageId(Subscription subscription, Segment currentSegment, Context cxt, Envelope& env, CachedObject location)
       at BizTalk_Skelta_TE_Voucher.Orchestration_Skelta_TE.segment2(StopConditions stopOn)
       at Microsoft.XLANGs.Core.SegmentScheduler.RunASegment(Segment s, StopConditions stopCond, Exception& exp)

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

..Now as read msdn i found that BizTalk SAP adapter works in a batch fashion ..it means it groups messages in batch and this batch is related to one transaction ..so if suppose there are 5 messages in batch and one of the message has some problem then ..whole lot of message transaction will fail and we need to retry..

Also out of 5 vouchers if three of them don't have any error ..they are parked in SAP but with no response XML.
    So its getting difficult for me to trace where could be the problem and how to resolve it..
    Pls Advise...

-- Regards Sandeep
    Tuesday, March 23, 2010 8:30 AM
  • Normally, when you can see the instance for the SAP communication it will generally mean that the error occurred during the send / receive operation. It might have been sent to SAP, but there was no response or it hasn't been send to SAP.

You can have a look at "Tracked message events" in the admin console query. There you can see if the message has been sent and what it did contain. Maybe that helps.

But I can't see this batch problem you mentioned below. I never had such problems. A request / response cycle will always return a message in time. Maybe you could give us a few more information about you process?

If you like my post or consider it as a valid answer, please use the buttons to show me - Oliver

http://biztalk.hauth.me

Sunday, September 19, 2010 6:56 AM