none
Windows 2008 R2 SP1 failed to update KB4503548 RRS feed

• Question

• Failed to install update KB4503548 on Win2008 R2 SP1 for .Net Framework 4.8

Currently installed .Net Framework 3.5.30729.5420, no higher version.

Error with Code 13EC, error message says blocked issue. I have checked compatibility option is not ticked. Also update KB947821 which is update hot fix

I also tried install Other .Net Framework eg 4.0 4.5 all got same issue.

Anyone got solutions? 

Monday, January 13, 2020 7:36 AM

All replies

• Hi Hypertensivecrisis,

Welcome to MSDN forum.

According to your description, I have something to confirm with you. Could you tell me which way you install .NET Framework 4.8? As I know, update for Microsoft .NET Framework 4.8 (KB4503548) is displayed as an installed product under Programs and Features in Control Panel in Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1. Or you could download the Microsoft .NET Framework 4.8 offline package to install it.

If possible, please share me more screenshots about the error so that I can research it again.

In addition, before you install .NET Framework, please make sure that you have finished the steps below firstly:

#1. Turn off your anti-virus  software during installation.

#2. Try to update your windows to latest version

#3. Complete or dismiss Windows Update before installation, and don’t forget to turn it on later.

#4. Clean your %temp% folder, then, restart your machine and run the setup with Administrator privilege.

BTW, if the issue still persists, I need your help to collect more installation logs. Please download and run this collect.exe tool, go to %temp% folder and find the vslogs.zip file, upload it to https://onedrive.live.com/ and share the link in here. Please clean up the personal information like Cookies and Password before you share your log.

Hope all above will help you and any feedback will be expected.

Best Regards,

Anna

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Tuesday, January 14, 2020 3:08 AM
  • Hello Anna, I followed your guide and no improvements.

I did clean boot as well, made no difference.

Please see the screenshots for Windows Update of this KB

Wednesday, January 15, 2020 1:40 AM
  • Hi Hypertensivecrisis,

Thanks for your feedback.

Refer to the attached pictures, please use the DISM tool to fix your Windows update errors. And I suggest you try to use compatibility mode to run the  .NET Framework 4.8 installer.

Besides, if the above doesn’t work, I need your help to collect more installation logs. Please download and run this collect.exe tool, go to %temp% folder and find the vslogs.zip file, upload it to https://onedrive.live.com/ and share the link in here. Please clean up the personal information like Cookies and Password before you share your log.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Anna 

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Wednesday, January 15, 2020 7:48 AM
  • Hello Anna, got error running DISM Tool. 
    Wednesday, January 15, 2020 8:09 AM
  • Hi Hypertensivecrisis,

Thanks for your feedback.

Please have a try with the following steps to fix DISM error:

#1. Please run Command Prompt as Administrator and type the following command to revert all pending tasks. It is recommended that you boot offline and then run it a recovery command prompt:

dism.exe /image:C: /cleanup-image /revertpendingactions

#2. Run the following command to clean up the component store so that everything can run properly again.

dism.exe /online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup

#3. Restart your system and run sfc /scannow in safe mode, then try to run the following command:

dism.exe /online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

Hope all above will help you.

Sincerely

Anna

Wednesday, January 15, 2020 9:13 AM
  • Hello Anna, this is the link. Best Regards, Yang

https://1drv.ms/u/s!ArgNn8MVNw0gkHevKzZDKspnnBDa?e=vMrgLk

Wednesday, January 15, 2020 9:40 AM
  • Hello Anna, these steps seems not running well on my server. 

dism.exe /image:C: /cleanup-image /revertpendingactions 

dism.exe /online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup

Step 3, safe mode 

Wednesday, January 15, 2020 12:06 PM
  • Hi Yang,

Thanks for your update and sorry for my delay reply.

>> Error 0x80070424: Failed to open the current cluster

## Refer to the logs you provided, I found the error code (0x80070424), And it means you are suffering from a Windows Update error. I suggest you could refer to the link to achieve it.

In addition, if the above doesn’t work, I suppose your windows system has been corrupted. If you don’t want to reinstall your Windows System, I recommend you could ask windows forum for a better support to firstly solve the windows update issue.

Sorry for any inconvenience and thanks for your understanding.

Regards,

Anna 

Thursday, January 16, 2020 9:05 AM