profiler needed RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everybody,

I need to check the performance of a .net application and enhance ti whereever needed.

For this , i need a good and freely available(if it is free for evaluaton with full functionalities on, that would be fine) profiler.

Please suggest the best which fits in above criteria.

Thanks in advance

rajiv

Monday, September 11, 2006 9:23 AM

Answers

• There's no Enterprise edition of VS2005, so you either have Professional or one of the Team editions, so you might want to check again.

I think the latest version of ANTS does support .NET 2.0 fully, though I haven't tried it.
    Tuesday, September 12, 2006 6:06 PM

All replies

• If you're using Visual Studio 2005, then the Team Developer edition contains a profiler you can use. If you're looking for one that works with .NET 2003, there are several available. For example, there's the open source NProfiler, as well as commercial offerings such as Red-Gate's ANTS Profiler.
    Monday, September 11, 2006 12:41 PM
  • Hi Tomas,

Thanks for your reply.

I need profiler for vs.net2005.I currently have the enterprise edition which i think don't have the profiler.

Can you suggest some good profiler in this scenario.

regards

Tuesday, September 12, 2006 7:27 AM
  • There's no Enterprise edition of VS2005, so you either have Professional or one of the Team editions, so you might want to check again.

I think the latest version of ANTS does support .NET 2.0 fully, though I haven't tried it.
    Tuesday, September 12, 2006 6:06 PM
  • The current version of ANTS Profiler is 2.7, released on Wednesday 18 Sept 2006.  Support for .NET 2.0 has been in the product since version 2.6, which was released October 2005.  2.7 is a free upgrade if you have version 2.x. 

It will profile any language written to target the .NET framework.  It works fine with VS 2005

Have a look at :

http://www.red-gate.com/products/ANTS_Profiler/index.htm

Jason Crease (Red Gate software)

Friday, September 22, 2006 3:46 PM