none
EWS 1.1 Determine if Email in Inbox has been Replied to or Forwarded RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

I use EWS to run a number of different reports on Mailboxes I have 'Full Control' via Exchange on - including unread email count and details on From, Sender, Subject etc and it all works well.  However one of the things I havent been able to figure out is if an email has been repied to.  This is easy in Outlook obviously as you will see the little purple arrow to signify Reply and blue to represent Forward.

My question is, is there sny esy to gsther this from EWS?  Typical Attributes that I can see are DateTimeReceived, DisplayCC, IsRead - but there is nothing obvious for IsRepliedTo.

Any assistance, guidance or even an answer is appreciated,

E.

Friday, June 10, 2011 1:44 PM

Answers

• AFAIK, the only way to get this sort of thing is to look at the PR_LAST_VERB_EXECUTED property (you'll probably have to treat it as an extended property with tag x1081, and type Long Integer).  Values are 102 (decimal) = Reply, 103 = ReplyAll, 104 = Forward.  Use it in conjunction with the PR_LAST_VERB_EXECUTION_TIME (x1082) property, which is of type System Time.

Outlook Web Access For PDA , OWA For WAP
    www.owa-pda.com
    email a@t leederbyshire d.0.t c.0.m
    Friday, June 10, 2011 2:13 PM

All replies

• AFAIK, the only way to get this sort of thing is to look at the PR_LAST_VERB_EXECUTED property (you'll probably have to treat it as an extended property with tag x1081, and type Long Integer).  Values are 102 (decimal) = Reply, 103 = ReplyAll, 104 = Forward.  Use it in conjunction with the PR_LAST_VERB_EXECUTION_TIME (x1082) property, which is of type System Time.

www.owa-pda.com
    Friday, June 10, 2011 2:13 PM
  • Thanks Lee,

think this might be a bit beyond me using powershell but apprecaite the steer.

E.

Wednesday, June 15, 2011 7:16 PM
  • I don't know how to use EWS Managed API in PS (never needed to learn), but I'm sure there are some examples out there of how to get the values of these Extended Properties.
    www.owa-pda.com
    Tuesday, June 21, 2011 12:19 PM