Not able to deploy windows 8 store app into simulator or local machine

Question

• Hi,

I created new windows store project in c# in Microsoft VS 2012 express fro Windows 8. I am not able to run that on simulator or local machine. Whenever I click in run, I get following pop ups.

Kindly look at attached images.

When I click on I agree button,

What is the solution for this? Or Do I have to reinstall this app?

Friday, July 4, 2014 7:28 AM

Answers

• try getting a license from the command prompt

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/apps/hh974578.aspx

Friday, July 4, 2014 12:17 PM
  • I have seen similar issue in restricted networks/domains. In such cases even power shell command prompt does not help.

One common network problem is that Visual Studio is not able to access URL used to get developer license. If it is not network then domain group policies cause some issues.  I have faced both of these type of issues and have taken help from our Network/IT team of my office to resolve it.

-- Vishal Kaushik --

Please 'Mark as Answer' if my post answers your question and 'Vote as Helpful' if it helps you. Happy Coding!!!

Friday, July 4, 2014 4:47 PM

All replies

• try getting a license from the command prompt

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/apps/hh974578.aspx

Friday, July 4, 2014 12:17 PM
  • I have seen similar issue in restricted networks/domains. In such cases even power shell command prompt does not help.

One common network problem is that Visual Studio is not able to access URL used to get developer license. If it is not network then domain group policies cause some issues.  I have faced both of these type of issues and have taken help from our Network/IT team of my office to resolve it.

-- Vishal Kaushik --

Please 'Mark as Answer' if my post answers your question and 'Vote as Helpful' if it helps you. Happy Coding!!!

Friday, July 4, 2014 4:47 PM