V5 API problems with large campaigns RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am  porting our V4 implementation to V5 and now that we are testing V5 in production I get frequent errors that seem to be related to the size of the data returned.

Places where it fails: GetAdsByAdGroupIdRequest (most often) and GetAdGroupsByCampaignIdRequest (sometimes). In some cases after trying several times it works but in other places it never works.

I increased all timeouts in the config file to 2 minutes and implemented the recommendations from this article:
    http://www.adcentercommunity.com/blogs/api/archive/2008/04/29/handling-large-arrays-in-api-v5-net.aspx
    This made some calls to work but it is still failing for a lot of calls.

I am wondering if this is a common or known problem with V5. If so I can just wait until it is fixed, V4 still works well for us.

Thanks,
    Tibor

Wednesday, May 7, 2008 6:03 PM

All replies

• Tibor,

On which infrastructure are you seeing this behavior (Production or Sandbox)?  Also, on which date and time did you observe this?

If this continues to be an issue, I would encourage you to escalate the issue to the Support team through your normal support channel.

Thank you.

Steven Hong, MSFT

Thursday, May 8, 2008 12:47 AM
  • Hi Steve,

I was just testing it again and it is now working fine so I guess it was a temporary glitch. I was suspecting something like this so I thought I'd ask in the forum before I start ringing the big bell.

For the record:

I was having the problems in the Production environment.

The date and time was just before my original post. I tested for at least an hour or so at the time.

Regards,
    Tibor

Thursday, May 8, 2008 1:31 AM