none
I am writing on sheet A, but Excel thinks I'm writing on sheet B RRS feed

• Question

• I'm having a very weird issue with an Excel Sheet (.xlsm) full of VBA code. 

Basically I am on a given sheet: 

When I start typing, I see the sheet "Deal generator wizard"'s color in the cell I'm typing in:

When I press Enter to confirm, I actually find my input "test" in the other sheet rather than in the one I've typed in!

The value is in the same cell I was typing in ("B40"), but in the other sheet.

If I repeatedly do the same on different cells, after N times (N is random, sometimes is 4, sometimes is 5,....), I finally manage to be able to type on the sheet I'm looking at.

Does anyone have any clue of what's going on? It doesn't seem to be a problem of my Excel, since other people in my company are experiencing the same issue.

It's probably an issue at file level, but I've really no idea of how to fix this issue.

Thanks in advance.

Wednesday, June 21, 2017 9:21 AM

All replies

• Hi Matteolannizzotto,

Based on your description, your problem is only appear in a specific file with VBA code. I will help you move this thread to Excel for Developer forum:

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=exceldev

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. Thank you for your understanding.

If possible, please provide the problem file or you can provide the code you're using.

Regards,
    Emi Zhang
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, June 22, 2017 2:26 AM
  • Hi MatteoIannizzotto,

You said the file is full of VBA code, I suggest you share us your Excel file so we could try to reproduce your issue using its VBA code. You could share the file with OneDrive and put link here.

Best Regards,

Terry

Friday, June 23, 2017 9:52 AM