Reg: Accepting or reject new invitation through programatically RRS feed

• Question

• Hi ,

I created one user say patient A . I send new invitation to Doctor  for seeing patient A information .

Is it programatically possible to accept invitation(Patient A invitation)  by Doctor ? . i.e Is any API s availiable in Microsoft healthVault SDK side to know list of invitations received by Doctor for accepting them and accepting and rejecting invitation  ? .

Thanks & regards ,

shashidhar N .   

Monday, May 19, 2008 9:36 AM

Answers

• hi Shashidhar -

The recommended way for Patients to share information with doctors is through what we call Direct to Clinical. The solution in this case comprises of patient giving access to an application which in turns shares the information with appropriate doctor (medical professional). Note in this case, the back end of this application is a clinical application and is used by the doctor (medical professional), we specially discourage medical professionals from using HealthVault since we are a consumer platform and not covered by appropriate clinical regulations.

If your application is of the direct to clinical kind then you can actually use APIs to query healthvault for all the pending connect requests sent by the application to individual patients and keep track of patient accept or reject (note, this is reverse of what you are asking).

Hope this helps.

regards,
    Vaibhav
    Tuesday, May 27, 2008 9:06 PM

All replies

• hi Shashidhar:

Can you explain your scenario in a little more details. What kind of an application this is? What does the programmatic accept/reject imply in real life? You might want to read a little more about our Direct to Clinical feature and see if that might fit the bill.

Hope this helps.

regards,
    Vaibhav
    Monday, May 19, 2008 4:02 PM
  • hi Vaibhav ,

Patients can send invitation to doctor . Doctor needs to accept their invitations to see patients information .

Currently doctor accepts invitations of patients through mail . 

Once login into application by doctor , I want to see  the list of patients send invitations for his(doctor) acceptance  and programmatically(by using Microsoft Health Vault SDK) accept/reject invitations in my application. Is any API s available for getting this information in SDK ?

Please share any information available

Thanks & regards ,

shashidhar N .

Tuesday, May 20, 2008 4:19 AM
  • hi Shashidhar -

We are not a clinical system. One way for patient to share information with their care givers is by sharing their record. Their is not programmatic way to find this over all sets of records (this by design for privacy & security reasons).

However I will ask around and see what is the recommendation for your scenario.

regards,
    Vaibhav
    Tuesday, May 20, 2008 3:57 PM

• hi Shashidhar -

The recommended way for Patients to share information with doctors is through what we call Direct to Clinical. The solution in this case comprises of patient giving access to an application which in turns shares the information with appropriate doctor (medical professional). Note in this case, the back end of this application is a clinical application and is used by the doctor (medical professional), we specially discourage medical professionals from using HealthVault since we are a consumer platform and not covered by appropriate clinical regulations.

If your application is of the direct to clinical kind then you can actually use APIs to query healthvault for all the pending connect requests sent by the application to individual patients and keep track of patient accept or reject (note, this is reverse of what you are asking).

Hope this helps.

regards,
    Vaibhav
    Tuesday, May 27, 2008 9:06 PM