none
Unable to add a form to my project

Question

• Hello. I just imported my VS 2010 C# project (windows form) into VS 2015. All went well but unfortunately, when I right click my project to add a new form, it gives me only two possibilities from the template window: C# Class and User Control (WPF).

I've reinstalled the templates already, as described in another thread.

Please help!
    • Edited by EFileTahi-A Saturday, April 16, 2016 8:11 PM
    Saturday, April 16, 2016 6:59 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi EFileYahi-A,

How do you import your VS2010 Windows Forms project into VS2015? Do you have upgrade it to VS2015 or not?

Please create a new default Windows Forms project with Visual Studio 2015 to check whether this problem occurs for all projects or just this specific project.

If just for this specific project, please remove the .suo file in solution folder and then rebuild your project. If still has this issue, please create a new project in Visual Studio 2015 and move the original project files to the new project one by one.

If all project has this issue, the problem mostly related to Visual Studio 2015 itself. Please try with following steps to troubleshoot this issue.

1. Please check whether you select the Windows Forms tab in Add New Item dialog.
    2. Run Visual Studio in safe mode to prevents all third-party VSPackages from loading when Visual Studio starts, thus ensuring stable execution.
    3. Close all third part software when running Visual Studio, such as antivirus software.
    4. Reset/repair your Visual Studio to check whether this problem can be fixed.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, April 18, 2016 7:58 AM
  • I've managed to understand what was happening. I was running Visual Studio Blend instead of Visual Studio standard. I added the wrong shortcut (blend version) to my quick launch bar.

Nonetheless, thank you for the reply!
    Monday, April 18, 2016 1:35 PM
  • Hi EFileYahi-A,

I'm glad that you have found out the problem and thanks for sharing your solution here. Please mark your reply as answer, which is benefit to other communities who has the same problem.

If any questions about Visual Studio IDE in future, please feel free to come back.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, April 19, 2016 1:30 AM