none
changing the currency in project server 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone,

happy new year, its been a while.

I was hoping someone could help me with this

my client has requested  that they want the currency being displayed on the server to be changed to the Naira sign, the currency we use in Nigeria( for all that don't know)

I'm hoping someone can help me out here

Monday, January 17, 2011 3:23 PM

Answers

• Joommie,

i think you have tried copy-paste some text which is appearing as a garbage and i am unable to read :) could you please write again if my below answer does not match to your query.

if you set the currency at server level, the symbol it shows on the drop down does not appear unfortunately. like here in my case, in the drop down it show me SAR as symbol but its appeasr in arabic (ر.س) for every cost field in PWA.

I have also experienced the same issue with the currency symbol AED. And there are similar thread on the forums, and the after weeks of back and forth replies the only solution i have seen is to log the issue to Microsoft.

so convince you client that its a known issue, and try contact MS support regarding this because you cannot change this from the database, it some how bind with the regional settings or etc.

Hope this helps.

| Khurram Jamshed | Follow my blog about Enterprise Project Management Solution | http://khurramjamshed.blogspot.com |
    Tuesday, January 18, 2011 11:49 AM

All replies

• Did you look user "Server Settings" / "Additional Server Settings".  There is a currency called NIO.  Would that be it?

Cheers

Michael Wharton, MBA, PMP, MCT, MCSD, MCSE+I, MCDBA
    www.WhartonComputer.com
    Tuesday, January 18, 2011 3:36 AM
  • That's not it,  another thing i'd like to confirm before i do  that is, will selecting the NIO change the symbol  from $ to the N sign or would it still be the $ sign?

I'll let you know the result when that is done?

Naira ( <!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:Calibri; panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:swiss; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:-520092929 1073786111 9 0 415 0;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-unhide:no; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; margin-top:0in; margin-right:0in; margin-bottom:10.0pt; margin-left:0in; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} .MsoChpDefault {mso-style-type:export-only; mso-default-props:yes; font-size:10.0pt; mso-ansi-font-size:10.0pt; mso-bidi-font-size:10.0pt;} @page WordSection1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.WordSection1 {page:WordSection1;} --> ₦) sign.

Tuesday, January 18, 2011 8:32 AM
  • Hi Joommie,

changing the currency settings on the server will change the symbol also.

go to the Server settings -> additional server settings, and set the appropriate currency. the respective symbol of the currency will appear in reports.

Does that help?

| Khurram Jamshed | Follow my blog about Enterprise Project Management Solution | http://khurramjamshed.blogspot.com |
    Tuesday, January 18, 2011 9:52 AM
  • Joommie,

i think you have tried copy-paste some text which is appearing as a garbage and i am unable to read :) could you please write again if my below answer does not match to your query.

if you set the currency at server level, the symbol it shows on the drop down does not appear unfortunately. like here in my case, in the drop down it show me SAR as symbol but its appeasr in arabic (ر.س) for every cost field in PWA.

I have also experienced the same issue with the currency symbol AED. And there are similar thread on the forums, and the after weeks of back and forth replies the only solution i have seen is to log the issue to Microsoft.

so convince you client that its a known issue, and try contact MS support regarding this because you cannot change this from the database, it some how bind with the regional settings or etc.

Hope this helps.

Tuesday, January 18, 2011 11:49 AM
  • Hi Khurram,

I believe what my client wants is beyond reports, what they have requested for is that the ₦ sign should be the only sign visible on the server ( even in Project center). I tried explaining calmly that this is not possible, but trust me this is one of those difficult clients.

Is there a way to change it, maybe in the database or something?
    Tuesday, January 18, 2011 12:59 PM
  • Thanks Khurram,

I  guess My only option is explaining to them.

For now. thanks

Tuesday, January 18, 2011 1:01 PM