New Extension RRS feed

• Question

• User-1430263770 posted
    Dear All: I have a web application which contains the following: - bin - web - default.aspx - index.aspx - index.lb What I am trying to do is the following: I am trying to keep track of users, by first of all, when the user types my domain name, the first page to be shown for him/her will be "index.aspx", then what I am doing is I am doing a HttpContext.Current.Server.Transfer("index.lb"), then inside "index.lb" what I am doing is a redirect to "web/default.aspx". why I am doing this, because, "lb" is a new extension, I mapped it to aspnet_isapi.dll in the IIS, what I am doing is having an HttpHandler for the extension ".lb" so that every time the web page with that extension is opened, which means a new user arrived, I would like to get the IP and date of entrance and store them in a database. Well, when I do the transfer to index.lb, I am stuck in that index.lb and without being redirected to web/default.aspx. Can anybody help ? Am I doing something wrong ? Can it be done in a better way and still using an HttpHandler ? thanks a lot.
    Thursday, March 10, 2005 12:53 PM

All replies