Network connection seems to be limited connection

Question

• each time when i starting my pc the network connection appears limited conection. my network adapter is Atheros i  use a wired conection from adsl roter from my isp provider .all driver are up   to date
    Sunday, January 15, 2012 4:04 PM

Answers

• Hey Viopop,

Your network connection may appear as limited when you start your computer because the network and your computer are talking to one another to set up the network connection. In you screenshots it appears that you have a fully functional network connection (no yellow triangle is displayed on your network icon in the notification area of the Taskbar).

If you are able to access the Internet after your computer has finished starting up, you are seeing normal behavior as your computer is talking to the network to set up a connection. If you're seeing something else, please describe the behavior you're seeing and we'll try to find what may be causing it.

Steven
    Saturday, January 21, 2012 10:43 PM
  • the problem it was resolved  without having to do anything by itself
    • Marked as answer by viopop Saturday, January 28, 2012 9:55 AM
    Saturday, January 28, 2012 9:53 AM

All replies

• Hello viopop,

What is the error message you get when trying to get on Network or internet?
    Has it ever worked or is this a new issue?

If you got to Device Manager, do you see the network adapter listed?
    Does it have any errors listed?
    Do you have the latest driver installed?

Have yout tried any troubleshooting?
    You may be able to install drivers that are designed for other versions of Windows by using the compatibility troubleshooter. You can try this troubleshooter by:
    ·          Enter the Start screen
    ·          Move your mouse to the bottom left of the screen to expand the Charms section
    ·          Select Search
    ·          Type Compatibility
    ·          Click Settings in the right column
    ·          Click Run programs made for previous versions of Windows 

Then follow the prompts and direct the troubleshooter to the installer for your computer's driver/drivers for the network adapter.

Please reply back with an update on your issue.

Thanks,

Marilyn
    Sunday, January 15, 2012 6:44 PM
  • Hey Viopop,

Your network connection may appear as limited when you start your computer because the network and your computer are talking to one another to set up the network connection. In you screenshots it appears that you have a fully functional network connection (no yellow triangle is displayed on your network icon in the notification area of the Taskbar).

If you are able to access the Internet after your computer has finished starting up, you are seeing normal behavior as your computer is talking to the network to set up a connection. If you're seeing something else, please describe the behavior you're seeing and we'll try to find what may be causing it.

Steven
    Saturday, January 21, 2012 10:43 PM
  • the problem it was resolved  without having to do anything by itself
    • Marked as answer by viopop Saturday, January 28, 2012 9:55 AM
    Saturday, January 28, 2012 9:53 AM