none
Can Data-in Replication be used to replicate data from MySQL pass service on Azure to HDFS layer? RRS feed

• Question

• I see the note says "Data-in Replication allows you to synchronize data from an external MySQL server into the Azure Database for MySQL service. The external server can be on-premises, in virtual machines, or a database service hosted by other cloud providers"

I would want to replicate from MySQL PaaS service on Azure to HDFS layer on Azure.Can Data-in Replication be used to replicate data from MySQL pass service on Azure to HDFS layer?

Thanks 

Kahlon

Tuesday, September 24, 2019 1:55 PM

All replies

• Hi Kahlon

In Data in replication discussed above the Azure MySQL Db cannot be a source as the master Db is not replicated. Master is required for creating such replications etc.

The Data - in replication is used for scenarios where data is coming from an external resource to Azure cloud.

Hope it helps.

Thanks
    Navtej S

Tuesday, September 24, 2019 9:17 PM
  • Thanks Navtej fro your revert.

I now understand "The Data - in replication is used for scenarios where data is coming from an external resource to Azure cloud." only.

However in the case of External My SQL instances , how is the replication then happening to Azure cloud ? Does the instance not contain master DB? I believe it does, so the master db is also being replicated correct? so what stops a Azure database for My SQL DB (hosted in azure cloud) from being replicated ? what is the mechanism then to replicate the changed data?

Any pointer will be highly appreciated.

Thanks , Kahlon

Wednesday, September 25, 2019 5:20 AM
  • Hi Kahlon

Please check the limitation mentioned in this document. It states:

The mysql system database on the master server isn't replicated. Changes to accounts and permissions on the master server aren't replicated. If you create an account on the master server and this account needs to access the replica server, manually create the same account on the replica server side

So when we use the Data-in replication it doesn't replicate the master on the destination in cloud. The master is present but not replicated. The Data- in is purely for replicating the data from on external to internal(azure MySQL DB)

Azure gives an option to create read replicas and more information can be found here

Thanks
    Navtej S

Wednesday, September 25, 2019 6:39 PM
  • Hi Kahlon

The last reply has been proposed as an answer. Please mark it as an answer if this has helped you or get back to us with more questions and we will continue the discussion.

Thanks
    Navtej S

Thursday, September 26, 2019 4:13 PM