Broken link to download hotfix RRS feed

• Question

• I am experiencing the visual studio bug mentioned here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/948127 . But the link on that page to download the hotfix is broken. Where can I go to get it?

Thanks

Monday, July 7, 2014 3:50 PM

Answers

• Hello slobaducci,

The download link is retired due to out of support lifecycle. I will recommend you follow that link to contact the hotfix team directly to see if you can get a link again.

See here:

Note If additional issues occur or if any troubleshooting is required, you might have to create a separate service request. The usual support costs will apply to additional support questions and issues that do not qualify for this specific hotfix. For a complete list of Microsoft Customer Service and Support telephone numbers or to create a separate service request, visit the following Microsoft Web site:

Regards,

Barry
    We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Edited by Barry Wang Tuesday, July 8, 2014 6:13 AM
    • Marked as answer by Barry Wang Friday, August 8, 2014 9:36 AM
    Tuesday, July 8, 2014 5:46 AM
  • All, I have found another link to this Hotfix at https://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/Downloads/DownloadDetails.aspx?DownloadID=11399 .
    • Marked as answer by slobaducci Friday, July 11, 2014 7:29 PM
    Friday, July 11, 2014 7:29 PM

All replies

• Hello slobaducci,

The download link is retired due to out of support lifecycle. I will recommend you follow that link to contact the hotfix team directly to see if you can get a link again.

See here:

Note If additional issues occur or if any troubleshooting is required, you might have to create a separate service request. The usual support costs will apply to additional support questions and issues that do not qualify for this specific hotfix. For a complete list of Microsoft Customer Service and Support telephone numbers or to create a separate service request, visit the following Microsoft Web site:

Regards,

Barry
    We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Edited by Barry Wang Tuesday, July 8, 2014 6:13 AM
    • Marked as answer by Barry Wang Friday, August 8, 2014 9:36 AM
    Tuesday, July 8, 2014 5:46 AM
  • Barry,

I went through the support link already, and it is what made me make this post in this forum. I also went to the page on the other end of the broken link. There was an email at the bottom of the page (ArchiveInfo@microsoft.com). I emailed it but there has been no response.

I had downloaded this hotfix once before a few months ago, but now I need it again as I have brought on employees. If you could at least tell me the original filename, I may be able to find it still on my computer.

Thanks

Friday, July 11, 2014 7:09 PM
  • All, I have found another link to this Hotfix at https://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/Downloads/DownloadDetails.aspx?DownloadID=11399 .
    • Marked as answer by slobaducci Friday, July 11, 2014 7:29 PM
    Friday, July 11, 2014 7:29 PM