none
Retarget to Windows Phone 8.1 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am trying to Re-target my Windows Phone 8 application to Windows Phone 8.1 but I am getting error while re-targeting to Windows Phone 8.1. I am using visual studio 2013 update 4. Followed this post http://blog.devmatter.com/migrating-wp-8-0-apps-to-wp-8-1/

The error I am getting is "Upgrade to the project could not be completed. Object reference not set to an instance of an object". This seems bug in visual studio. After restarting visual studio, the solution explorer shows project Windows Phone Silverlight 8.1 but when I rebuild it, i am getting compile error "Error    4    Project must have either AppxManifest item or Content item with name 'AppxManifest.xml'.    ". I have checked in solution explorer and there is no "Package.appxmanifest" generated during upgrade. I have manually copied "Package.appxmanifest" from another project but this also doesn't work, still getting above build error.

Any workaround or solution for this?

Here is the screenshots after upgrade

Friday, July 3, 2015 7:20 AM

Answers

• No,

This only happen with this particular project. Test project are successfully upgraded.

You have some reference (probably nuget package) that doesn't support the new version.
    • Marked as answer by Win8 dev Monday, July 6, 2015 7:10 AM
    Friday, July 3, 2015 10:51 AM

All replies

• Does this also happen if you try to upgrade a test app(fresh app) targeted as Windows Phone 8.0 to Windows Phone 8.1

http://developer.nokia.com/community/wiki/Using_Crypto%2B%2B_library_with_Windows_Phone_8

Friday, July 3, 2015 7:46 AM
  • No,

This only happen with this particular project. Test project are successfully upgraded.

Friday, July 3, 2015 8:24 AM
  • No,

You have some reference (probably nuget package) that doesn't support the new version.
    • Marked as answer by Win8 dev Monday, July 6, 2015 7:10 AM
    Friday, July 3, 2015 10:51 AM